Tupaia

Transform only selected nodes

Hello!
Could it be possible to transform only the selected nodes with this transform/bounding box?

Selecting nodes and switching to the Move tool only displays a bbox for the whole object, not the selection.

Thanks!

Best regards

Eugen

Hello Tupaia,

Use "Node tool" instead "Move tool".

Kind regards

What I mean is:

- pick a curve, select some nodes on it

- transform only these selected nodes, with a bounding/transform box.

That's not possible as of now, is it?

Best

Eugen

You don’t get a bounding box, but you can click and drag on any of the selected nodes to transform them. Alternatively, you can use the controls in the Transform panel.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

13 minutes ago, Tupaia said:

What about interactive rotate and scale, using the Centre?

Rotate and scale work with the input fields in the Transform panel. To scale you would either enter a new value into the width or height box (or both) or you can do mathematical operations to (e.g. typing *50% after the value).

I admit this is not like visually dragging the selected nodes with the mouse but it all depends on what you want to accomplish :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.476)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.476)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.475)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Yep!

Both interactive and numercial scale should be possible. Sometimes you want to work 'visually', sometimes precise.

Talking about the interactive part here.

Imagine a cartoon character's outline (or something). You want to select the nodes that make up the head and scale/rotate it around. Things like this for example...

Just now, Tupaia said:

Talking about the interactive part here.

OK, I understand. We are in the feature request section of the forum and I am sure someone at Serif will take a note about this :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.476)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.476)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.475)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

One more:

Rotating the selected nodes numerically (or with the slider in the Transform Panel) rotates only the points, not their tangents!

So, that does not work properly. I'd classify it as a bug actually.

Best regards

Eugen