You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So after so many lagging issues with DESIGNER under windows 10.  I have not reset it, uninstalled it, cleaned the machine, reboot, reinstall, added brushes and with in 3 uses of the program its back to brief lockups, very slow moving of item and slow loading of program.

I never had these issues under windows 7.

I have now put the first version of 1.6 released to public and it seems to be working better.

Whats wrong with the program or what i am doing with it? I never had an issue under Windows 7 pro. But this experience under Windows 10 is terrible. I had issues with PHOTO as well. But reset seemed to fix it for the moment.

When I reinstalled the brushes , i did them one at a time and checked..all was good...they are either DAUB brushes or FRANKENTOON...nothing else.

PLEASE HELP!

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

You were not using Malwarebytes at all, were you? A recent 'upgrade' had rampant memory leaks. The latest version is now OK.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Could be a 101 things to be honest, Windows 10 can be a law unto itself at times. Either updating in the background with no knowledge of that process from the user, Antivirus software can be troublesome and installing more than one can mess up a system. Ultimately looking at the processes on your system may help you glean some info and maybe track down the issue. There is a program called Process Explorer that was quite good for finding elusive problems or looking at a particular program as it went about it’s daily chores

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

3 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

You were not using Malwarebytes at all, were you? A recent 'upgrade' had rampant memory leaks. The latest version is now OK.

John

Hello John,

I run it weekly , but never running in the background. I have made sure i have everything else turned off and problem is still there. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

11 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Could be a 101 things to be honest, Windows 10 can be a law unto itself at times. Either updating in the background with no knowledge of that process from the user, Antivirus software can be troublesome and installing more than one can mess up a system. Ultimately looking at the processes on your system may help you glean some info and maybe track down the issue. There is a program called Process Explorer that was quite good for finding elusive problems or looking at a particular program as it went about it’s daily chores

I have a very good background in windows. Updates are turned to manual, my startup is minimized. I check to see if there are any other processes running. NONE. This seems to be something conflicting with the program and Windows 10.

Its not smooth at all. Tried the MAC version ( friends much older mac laptop ) and its like a different program. The PC version doesn't feel smooth. These issues ARE NOT  AFFECTING any other software.  I will check out Process EXplorer, but i have been through them all.

Gary

So far 1.6 original seems to be working better. Like i said before this seems to be the latest version problem. 

The PC version really needs a bit of TLC in my opinion. I can see why the MAC people love it, its much nicer experience on OSX.

Some option from the AFFINITY STAFF would be nice.?

Gary

• Staff

Hi Gary,

Have you tried the latest Beta to see how that performs?  

If the Beta is still performing badly for you, if you pop a reply onto the end of the Beta thread or post a new thread, with the specs of your PC and what the problems are.  I know you've had to go back to the 1st 1.6 release, but if you can install the Beta and see how it acts that would be big help in finding out what's going on.

10 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi Gary,

Have you tried the latest Beta to see how that performs?  

If the Beta is still performing badly for you, if you pop a reply onto the end of the Beta thread or post a new thread, with the specs of your PC and what the problems are.  I know you've had to go back to the 1st 1.6 release, but if you can install the Beta and see how it acts that would be big help in finding out what's going on.

I just installed the BETA...haven't tried it to much yet. Hopefully get to play a bit in the next few days and can report my findings.

Interestingly enough, the first version of 1.6 seem to be working much better than the latest build.

Report back about the beta when i try it more.

Gary