Meet Blue Bunny, he's a happy little fellow...  :)

Continuing the Bunny series from some client concept sketches that never got beyond the proof phase.  

Thought I'd try something different on this one and play with some pixel painting texturing and also attempt at adding fur to this little guy. The fur is made up of repeating individual groups of "fur shapes" copying, rotating, skewing, repeat... each with transparent gradients and blur to add softness and hide some of the edges and yes it was a lot of work...  ;)

Really loving the ease of vector and pixel workflow! 

post-305-0-87681800-1424051138_thumb.jpg

post-305-0-23195800-1424051165_thumb.jpg

post-305-0-83123400-1424051177_thumb.jpg

Wow! You're gonna have to tell me how you didi that fur! Looks utterly incredible, so soft looking.

Excellent work once again.

George

**Oops, should have read all your post instead of being mesmerised by the pretty pictures. What a numpty!!**

Edited by eejits

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at eejits.etsy.com

Looks great! Awesome job on the fur... love the wireframes too!

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

@Retrograde, a question for ya: Could you have built a vector Brush shape to achieve what you did, instead of copying, pasting, rotating, etc?

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

Thanks all. :D

ronnyb, yes I would most likely try that route next time. I  didn't realize that I was going to go that far with it... I started out thinking I would only do a few fur strokes here and there and before I knew it I was liking the look and I was past the point of no return.   ;)  If I ever try this type of thing again, I'll experiment with either a vector brush or maybe some actual painting... 

Yes!! Exactly like Sulley's. Awesome stuff. You've inspired me to try something similar.

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at eejits.etsy.com

Awesome piece RetroG! This what I needed to see tonight with all the other distractions going on...

Thank You for sharing :) 

The fur close-up is awesome! Keep up the great work!