You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So I've been using Affinity Designer now for about six months and just on this last artboard group that I've been working on I noticed that my artistic text tool is wonky.  When I select the tool then move the cursor to create the size of text to start with, the text is much higher above my cursor and when I type, I am unable to get the cursor to select the bottom most row of text without using the keypad.  It's like the box thinks my text is all much higher than it really is.  Help!  I am not loving the keystrokes to have to change my text.

• Staff

Hi Jenkirk02,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please could you select the Artistic Text Tool then click the Character button from the context tool bar this should bring up the window shown in my attached screenshot :) Then could you please check the section I have highlighted in red is set to zero?

C

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 10.15.33.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks!  That was the problem!

Though I do have some weird things happening in the frame text boxes too.  Even after fixing this, sometimes my spacing between lines is super small and I can't change it unless I change the paragraph spacing.  I'm not hitting enter to cause the text to move to the next line and trigger a paragraph so I'm not sure why it's happening either.  Seems like my settings got all crazy recently.