You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.6.7 - Beta 3)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This beta is an iteration of the current App Store release and should be used in preference to the App Store release, if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

Thanks,

Affinity Photo Team :ph34r:

Changes in this release

• Develop shadows / highlights improvements.
  • Develop clarity improvements.
  • Improved input smoothing for all tools.
  • Improved Perlin Noise filter.
  • Transparent TGA import support.
  • Fixed inability to export transparent PNG, TIFF, etc.
  • Fixed slow Lens Blur, Depth of Field blur issues.
  • Numerous other small fixes.
  • Localisation improvements.
  • Many improvements to batch processing.
  • PSD, PDF import / export tweaks.
  • Help improvements.

Changes since last Mac App Store release

• All new shadows / highlights algorithm for Develop.
  • Significant Photoshop plugin support improvements (courtesy of Affinity Windows team).
  • Fixed Depth of Field blur progress / slowness issues.
  • Fixed sporadic hanging when opening many image files at once.
  • Restored ability of marquee tools to snap.
  • Fixed crashing bug when exporting certain large PSDs.
  • Fixed a number of UI memory leaks.
  • Added special case PSD import code for “SketchClub” PSD files (they should fix this!).
  • Fixed PSD export of Fill layers.
  • Fixed UI labels on macOS versions prior to Mavericks.
  • SVG import can now handle gradients with missing x1 or y1 values.
  • Assorted PDF export improvements.
  • Localisation improvements.
  • Assorted other small fixes.

Very good news:

- all preferences, styles, shortcuts.... got taken from previous beta

- lens- and depth-blurr are now working really fast

- perlin noise can be now a great texturizer :-)

Quite well, but not really good:

- Svg are still "invisible" in media-browser, but blind taken and drag to canvas will open it as embed doc

- the localization is sometimes too much/inconsequent. Eg in image-filter: Either you allways replace S(ource) and D(estination) with Q(uelle) and Z(iel) or you keep allways S/D. Keyword is ALLWAYS! 

For stuff like this, i would prefer to have NO "translation" and you would keep the original acronyms

BTW: you should translate "posterize" to "Posterisation" and for "displacement" we have no short term which covers its meaning, but "Versatz" is quite wrong for what it does. Better would be "Überstreifen" (or let it displacement).

Thank you Serif.

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

1 hour ago, Polygonius said:

BTW: you should translate "posterize" to "Posterisation" and for "displacement" we have no short term which covers its meaning, but "Versatz" is quite wrong for what it does. Better would be "Überstreifen" (or let it displacement).

@Polygonius Posterize is translated to "Tontrennung" and this is correct! 
PS: Ich glaub du verwechselst etwas?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-02 um 11.59.37.png

MacBook Pro, iMac, Sierra 10.12.6

500px.com/maxxxworld

www.instagram.com/markus_linner

Hi maxxxworld, "Tontrennung" is ok but not really exact, WIKI: "Posterisation (von englisch posterizationposterized images) bezeichnet den fotografischen Effekt der Tontrennung (oder Tonwerttrennung) bei gleichzeitiger Tonwertreduktion.... Eine weitere Bezeichnung für den Effekt ist das griechische Isohelie, das sich auf die dabei entstehenden Zonen gleicher Helligkeit bezieht."

However, i can live with, but it tooks some time to find it (my osx-translator does not know resp. gives me just  a meaning like make duplicates for print). 

BTW: the menu for adjustments is much clearer than the "same" via the dropdown next tthe mask-icon. Except ocio, softproof and maybe Lut and lens-filter could have its own divider. But in the dropdown  i absolutely donot understand the order-system and i miss category-divider-stripes (also for blend modes). The filter-order-system is exemplary!

5a74498456ffc_Bildschirmfoto2018-02-02um12_18_12.thumb.png.9edb22955dc35d331128a2556bd91fd9.png

Doch, ich bin dir ganz böse ;)

######

- The perspective tool (this with the grid) is buggy (it jumps allways back) - it crazy brother (mesh-tool???) works fine.

- some sliders in some filter (eg. number of lamella in lens-live-filter) has a strange behavior - it snaps allways back to a lower quantization point, even if it almost hit the next higher quantization-point, should be jumping to the point greater/less n.5

• Staff
20 minutes ago, TEcHNOpls said:

Hi, when can we see new Windows release with the latest fixes?

Hi @TEcHNOpls perhaps ask this in the equivalent Windows Beta forum thread, but it is likely to be the same answer, "when it is ready" (which the latest Windows beta build is not, and from our internal testing the next beta #99 is not quite ready yet either)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Bug or nasty "feature"???

When leave refine/feather-box there is one "do it" / "cancel" (or st in that meaning) in this box. After saying "do it/perform (or whatever its called)" there in 167.3 pop-ups now another dialog-box with another ask for really  "do it"! 

Same when leave a persona - i have explicit say "cancel" - but there pop-ups another ask "do youreally want to cancel?" This double-ask for "perform/cancel" is unnecessary and just annoying If somebody needs 3 asks for stuff like this, so give them an option for that, or me an option for less "do you really want asks!"

• Staff
On 03/02/2018 at 5:09 PM, Polygonius said:

Bug or nasty "feature"???

When leave refine/feather-box there is one "do it" / "cancel" (or st in that meaning) in this box. After saying "do it/perform (or whatever its called)" there in 167.3 pop-ups now another dialog-box with another ask for really  "do it"! 

Same when leave a persona - i have explicit say "cancel" - but there pop-ups another ask "do youreally want to cancel?" This double-ask for "perform/cancel" is unnecessary and just annoying If somebody needs 3 asks for stuff like this, so give them an option for that, or me an option for less "do you really want asks!"

Are you able to record a video showing this as I've not noticed this. All I get is a single message saying 'Do you want to leave? You haven't applied your settings'

Could this be right? The develop persona outputs this jpg file with washed out details in the sky. Here's the same picture against another editor's develop module. I don't know if it matters but this is right-clicked 7 year old photo saved from FB, therefore it is low res. But the details still come thru on the other brands develop module.

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 11.36.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 11.36.15 AM.png

Is it just me or is the Perspective Tool broken in this Beta 3 version? When I drag any of the handles, as soon as I release the mouse button the node snaps back to its original location. This happens for both single & dual planes, & for Source or Destination mode, & whether show grid is enabled or not. The Mesh Warp Tool works as expected.

If I am the only one seeing this, could one of the staff tell me the minimum number of items I must reset to see if that cures this? I hate having to "nuke" user settings & such because it takes so long to get everything back to the way I want.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

16 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Is it just me or is the Perspective Tool broken in this Beta 3 version? When I drag any of the handles, as soon as I release the mouse button the node snaps back to its original location. This happens for both single & dual planes, & for Source or Destination mode, & whether show grid is enabled or not. The Mesh Warp Tool works as expected.

If I am the only one seeing this, could one of the staff tell me the minimum number of items I must reset to see if that cures this? I hate having to "nuke" user settings & such because it takes so long to get everything back to the way I want.

I was going to submit this same thing! I found the same thing. It bounces back.

• Staff
On 09/02/2018 at 7:56 PM, R C-R said:

Unfortunately this is a known issue that should be fixed in the next beta.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.