You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Are anybody use this the equations often (well?)

i´m this learning by try/error-typ, but here i could need some help.

At least some equations-lines you use and i will paste into this filter and combine by what i want.

I just only know: multiply by a factor < 1 will "divide" and divison with zero is forbidden, but thats all.

So all i know is that variable A/B/C CAN BE the "multiplactor" of the real equation itself...

However, you see, i could need some help;-)

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Some folks here already used these for certain tasks, see for example these threads:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

18 hours ago, Polygonius said:

I just only know: multiply by a factor < 1 will "divide" and divison with zero is forbidden, but thats all.

So all i know is that variable A/B/C CAN BE the "multiplactor" of the real equation itself..

@Polygonius, You seemed to have also seen my tutorial using equations. 

You can multiply by a factor less than one without problems. The result just becomes less than it was before. It is not division. If you divide a value by another that is less than one, the result is greater than before. Thus:

10*0.5=5

10/0.5=20

The expression A/B/C is equivalent to A/(B×C), but I often find the former more easy to write.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Hi john, thx, yeah factically multiply with less 1 is not division, but if "feels".

I took a look at a math-side for scholars and learned again the point for stripe and bracket rules ;)  EG multiply by factor 16 with this "rule" (*a*16) dos not work the first * must be outside the bracket  *(a*16)  -LOL;-) With this refreshed base-knowledge and your (and the other guys) excellent work i feel able for learning by try&error.

BTW: Its a nice beast:-) But where can i save my equations/conditions, the filter does not have a preset-option???? And a macro for just an equation is a little bit overkill for just that. So far i use an invisible "text" for copy/paste - but thats not really comfortable).

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

2 hours ago, Polygonius said:

But where can i save my equations/conditions, the filter does not have a preset-option???? And a macro for just an equation is a little bit overkill for just that. So far i use an invisible "text" for copy/paste - but thats not really comfortable).

@Polygonius, for a complex equation, a macro is probably the best solution. When I am trying out equations, I do as you suggest. I have a text file, an I cut and paste various versions from there.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630