You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where to find this illustrator-things in Affinity designer

hi guys, i'm testing affinity designer - before i always worked with illustrator:

- where can i cut a vector-line in illustrator (see attachment, compared with illustrator)

- when i open a file, where can i see the used colors (see attachment, compared with illustrator)

thanks.

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

Affinity Designer does not yet have a scissors or knife tool to cut vector objects at arbitrary points on their paths. A knife tool is on the roadmap but there is no ETA for when it will be implemented.

On the Swatches panel there is an option to create a color palette from the document's colors. It is not like Illustrator but it will allow you to see the colors.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, fuchsdesign said:

is there a option that affinity designer shows me pantone color, like the little point from illustrator?

Pantone colors can be selected from the Swatches panel. I suggest that you take a little time to review the built-in help topics, like the Swatches panel one. (Link is to the US English online version but you can access it directly from the help topics ToC in the Workspace > Panels section.)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 1.2.2018 at 11:12 AM, R C-R said:

Affinity Designer does not yet have a scissors or knife tool to cut vector objects at arbitrary points on their paths. A knife tool is on the roadmap but there is no ETA for when it will be implemented.

Ehmmm ... AD have a scissors/knife/scalpel/whatever :$

cut.png

oh here in action: cut2.mov

••• MacBook Pro | El Captain 10.11.6 |
••• Affinity Photo 1.6.6 | Affinity Designer 1.6.0
••• English 0.0.2 (Beta) | … I'm sorry!

17 hours ago, pixel-girl said:

Ehmmm ... AD have a scissors/knife/scalpel/whatever :$

The "Break Curve" button can only break a curve at preselected nodes on its path. A knife tool like the one shown in this Adobe Illustrator user guide cuts objects along any freehand path drawn with the tool. Affinity Designer does not yet have any tool with that capability.

Affinity Photo