MikeBee

Fonts not displayed properly when exporting to a Print Ready PDF

Any ideas why my fonts change to an odd assortment of characters when exporting a file to PDF for print?

This test is shown on a selection of fonts from A to C from my fonts on iMac when using Affinity Designer.

The other pdf is exported as the flattened option that shows the correct fonts.

If I am going to send a file to a printer with bleed and crop marks then I need to use the Export to Print option. This really worries me as every character will need to be checked.

Export flattened.pdf

Export to print.pdf

Hi MikeBee,

This is a known issue that is with development to get fixed, however could you attach the AFDesign file you used to export and also the actual font file itself of the font that is not exporting correctly please?

AFD file attached and what I think are the font files which seem to reside in an old version of QuarkXPress 6.1

The AFD application shows the type face as 'Regular'. The fonts shown in a search on my computer come up as 'Roman', regular can't be found.

Wondering if the issue is because quite a number of the fonts are in the Quark application folder titled 'jaws' then a folder titled 'ttfont'- It seems to be Postscripts that are hit and miss on being exported. Some just don't show any relevant characters. The Franklin Gothic just replaces the '£' character!

Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks

FranklinGothicBT-Roman.ps

FranklinGothicBT,Roman.ps

FranklinGothicBTRoman.ps

A5 Photographic Event leaflet.afdesign

That's wonderful thank you very much. The issue we have logged is related to using PostScript Type 1 fonts so it is the issue with using PostScript fonts.

I'll get the issue updated with development and your files passed on.

Thanks again!