You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP Ducks

Sunset

Two photographs, one of the ship and one, taken 30 miles away, of the duck. Put together with layers, the erase tool and the trackpad on the laptop (no mouse or tablet and pen for this, travel light :) ) I Used auto level on the ship photograph and the colour of the sea was a pretty good match for the water on the lake, and the controls on the erase brush are fab.

post-29-0-69675800-1424035496_thumb.jpg

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

The eagle-eyed amongst might notice that they are gulls, not ducks  :lol:

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

My Flickr Album

• Staff

I like this - the merging of the ducks is very nice - gives a good depth to the piece.

Perhaps some experimentation with the Depth Of Field filter could add some subtle blur to the background?

It's interesting too, the "steam-packet" ship - we have a number of test images which we use here with the very same ship - can I ask - is it the Isle of Man?

Andy.

That's a good idea, the Depth of Field filter, I shall have a go at that, perhaps I can get some "distance" into the picture. I was very impressed with the erase brush, though, it worked so well and so easily.

Yes, the Isle of Man :) Photographed from Formby on 21st June 2014 as it was making its way out of Liverpool. This is the fleet's high speed craft, the Manannan, it doesn't run in the winter. (I love watching ships :D )

My Flickr Album

30 miles away? That's one helluva lens ;)

Nice concept, share the sea. What about expanding on it?

I've got a couple of pictures of a light boat, moored up near Colchester, if you're interested.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

I made the lens myself out of a cardboard tube from a kitchen roll and some old magnifying glasses - very hi-tech :) Good idea, about sharing the sea, I shall have to sea about that..... leave it with me....

My Flickr Album

Congratulations goes to Hilary, from our over 12s group. Who was the winner of our photographic equipment competition. With her cardboard telephoto lens. Our judges had a hard time deciding, whose was the best.

First prize is a Blue Peter Badge, a SAVEAWAY and a big box of sticky back plastic.bp.jpgsellotape-products1.jpgsaveaway2.jpg

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

hahahahahahahaha!!! I just fell off my chair!!!!

Many thanks for the prize..................

...............................

......................................  :D  :D  :D

My Flickr Album