I've been scratching my head trying to think of a workaround for this. As it stands Affinity Designer does not have a 'tangent to tangent' function for when you want to draw multiple circles, or lines to tangents, and make sure the lines and/or circles are perfectly aligned. Note: this is NOT the same as aligning a line to the quadrant of a circle.

Here's my workaround. I use Onshape (free, cloud based technical drawing software) to sketch up the circles in Onshape, save as a drawing, then export as a PDF and bring into Affinity Designer as perfectly editable curves with fills. Perfect for logo design in particular.

6.png

5.png

7.png

Hi Kiarian,

Thanks for sharing the work around you've found.

It's been requested a few times in Features Requests that we add 'tangent to tangent' support/snapping.  So hopefully it's something that could be included in a future update.

Hi stokerg,

No problem. It's something that would be so handy, and could be seamless if implemented well in your workflow.
You could start a curve with the pen tool, draw a line, hold ALT, or a hotkey, select the required tangent/intersection/perpendicular/quadrant, pick, then carry on your linework.
It's been a staple of AutoCAD for donkey's years.