You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Official Affinity Icon - looks a bit cluttered

Hi, 

Firstly, I've just downloaded the trial of Affinity Designer and I have to say I am blown away at how brilliant this program is. You really have a winning strategy here, well done!

But despite how this beats Illustrator hands down in my circumstances, there's one thing that bugs me (and Im pretty sure I wouldn't be the only one) and thats the logo. Seriously I think the logo was designed by a 4 year old kid who watches marvel splashing in gradients and clutter. Something simple and straight forward I think would justify the quality of software. And a lot of designers out there, especially Mac users appreciate a good looking icon on the doc.

Am in the middle of a project right now waiting to upgrade to High Sierra. Once done so, will go ahead and purchase however, very impressed!

Thanks for reading

PS see attached image, don't you think it looks the worst out of all of them?

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 10.57.53.png

Each to their own (and I run AD and AP on Windows, not MAC) but I, for one, quite like the Affinity logo exactly as it is (in both apps!)

Since I'm not a MAC user I clearly don't know what app belongs to each icon you show, apart from the "obvious" ones Like Photoshop, Illustrator and Settings, but I see nothing so vastly different in the Affinity logo.  :)

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Bonjour.

Un fil est ouvert sur le sujet:

Que le logo plaise ou pas... Là n'est pas l'essentiel, il y a d'autres priorités.

Il est original dans sa forme. Il représente (avis personnel) la lettre A . C'est la première de l'alphabet.

Cela pourrait signifier que Affinity veut se placer en tête. 

Look at the Photoshop logo, it's the most boring logo in the world.
What icon do you like?