You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iOS 11 UI kit for iPhone X and artboard for iPhone X don't work together

Hi, I have just downloaded iOS 11 UI kit from your Affinity mailing from few weeks ago. It is said it's made for iPhone X. 

I creat new file in Affinity Designer: File -> New -> Type: Devices, Page preset: iPhone X (Retina) -> OK

This new file has an artboard of 375 pt in width. Now I try to add UI objects from the iOS 11 UI kit made especially for iPhone X and... those UI objects are 250 pt in width. When I try to scale them to fit the artboard 100% width, they don't scale correct, because they are grouped with some constraints.

So... It is nice to have those presets and UI kits from you, but they don't work together. Or am I missing something? I would apreciate your help, thanks in advance :) 

NEXT PLANET / Design Studio / UX / GRAPHICS / ANIMATION

• Staff

Hi mallow,

Can you please provide me with more information on which of the iPhone X artboard you are using and which of the iOS 11 assets this is happening with as I have been unable to replicate the issue that you are encountering.

Hi, @DWright

From iOS kit's EULA: 

Affinity iOS11 UI Kit End User License Agreement

Version 1.1: 18th Dec 2017 

And about artboard - this is normal iPhone X template from AD:

new file in Affinity Designer: File -> New -> Type: Devices, Page preset: iPhone X (Retina) -> OK

Please check screenshots attached

Zrzut ekranu 2018-01-30 o 18.10.21.png

Zrzut ekranu 2018-01-30 o 18.10.03.png

As I understand it (which is far from as well as I would like), the constraints should keep everything placed appropriately as the Constraints Group is resized. But it seems that for the "iPhone X - Bars" ones that include a colored background for the time text, that background is not constrained properly, so as the group is widened, it gets wider & the text is no longer centered in it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

@R C-R constraints are one problem, but my original issue is about UI kit's size not match the size of artboard. And it is not only about this bar object. All objects are scaled wrong. So this UI kit for iPhone X is smaller than artboards for iPhone X. Or... maybe I am doing something wrong? Or is it a bug?

OK, so I have just found a workaround. By default, iPhone X preset is 216 DPI. If I change it to be 144 DPI, assets fit the artboard. OK, it works :) But it is a little confusing, to be honest. Or maybe there was some information somewhere that this UI kit is designed for 144 dpi, but I did not find it?

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 0:26 AM, mallow said:

OK, so I have just found a workaround. By default, iPhone X preset is 216 DPI. If I change it to be 144 DPI, assets fit the artboard. OK, it works :) But it is a little confusing, to be honest. Or maybe there was some information somewhere that this UI kit is designed for 144 dpi, but I did not find it?

Hi Mallow. I'm sorry, I have to ask. Where did you download the assets for iOS11 from? I've been looking for them for hours and haven't gotten one link from Serif. 

I appreciate your help (and this fix in advance haha)

Cheers.

On 17.02.2018 at 5:07 PM, Raf Tudela said:

Hi Mallow. I'm sorry, I have to ask. Where did you download the assets for iOS11 from? I've been looking for them for hours and haven't gotten one link from Serif. 

I appreciate your help (and this fix in advance haha)

Hi, @Raf Tudela, this UI kit was a gift from Affinity team. They sent link to this (and brush pack) on December 2017 via their newsletter. I don't know if there is any other way to get it. I wish there is, because it would make it more easy tu use Affinity if you are interested in UI design for iOS. But this is a question to Affinity team :) 

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, Smeikx said:

The URL redirects to Spotlight; is there a chance to get it another way? :2_grimacing:

Try here: https://affinity.store/checkout/?code=xmas-ios-11-ui-kit

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TikiAles said:

Thanks, i been looking for this for a long time.

You’re welcome. I’m sorry you had to wait so long to get hold of it!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 4 weeks later...