You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

For DETAILS range - set the lower values (at least). It is not correct to set all values to highest level and to expect for superb resulting and miracle - try to achieve some balance and keep in mind (at least for such content, as your sky) there are NO details there, and therefore no need (at all) to overuse for DETAILS slider.

Win10 x64 1907, 16G RAM, Core i7 + Wacom Cintiq 12WX Interactive Pen Display - Affinity Photo  1.7.3.481 + Beta 1.8.0.526, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Corel Draw X7, ArtCAM 2015 R2
iOS 13.1.0, iPad Pro 10.5, 64GB + Apple Pencil - Procreate 5.0.2, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3

If you look at the controls panel I think you will see the details slider has not been used at all. But thank you for the advice. This happens frequently so I was looking at different ways of noise control. As I also commented this can occur using gradient overlays before any other sliders other than exposure have been used. I am willing to accept that if nobody else has encountered this it might be an event unique to my system. I uploaded this example as an experiment because nothing other than noise control had been attempted.

If you mean the details preservation slider in the noise control panel this has absolutely no effect either way, full on or full off. It is possible that this moire is a function of the Sony RAW, which is what I am seeking to know and the only way to find out is to ask others. It also occurs in the release version of AP

There is actually some sky detail in the outline of Venus on the original.

On 30.01.2018 at 11:55 AM, ms.fuentecilla said:

If you mean the details preservation

Yep, i was talking about this section. You can attach your test file here, i will try also to exam it and to use different setting for testing purposes.

Win10 x64 1907, 16G RAM, Core i7 + Wacom Cintiq 12WX Interactive Pen Display - Affinity Photo  1.7.3.481 + Beta 1.8.0.526, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Corel Draw X7, ArtCAM 2015 R2
iOS 13.1.0, iPad Pro 10.5, 64GB + Apple Pencil - Procreate 5.0.2, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3

This occurs when using denoise in the develop persona panels, not in the photo persona. But bilateral blur is not available. It is greyed out. This is on a RGBA 32 bit HDR from RAW. When is bilateral blur NOT available? There is no comment in 'Help' on that issue.

Sorry! Just read it up on the forum. 8 & 16 bit only.

This was a particularly difficult frame for noise which was why I experimented with it. Making all denoise adjustments in photo persona results in acceptable results, especially using channels techniques. But banding and interference moires remain when using gradient overlays and denoise within develop persona whether via channels or direct filters.

Edited by ms.fuentecilla
correction and amplification

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.