You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo catalogue app

Just wondering if there have been any thoughts to make a photo catalogue app. Something that can log, sort, remove duplicates, add metadata and move. large quantities of images around. Maybe with face detections etc???? Something that that is quite light on the ground that can act made as a companion app to Photo??

cheer angus

Hi MEB, 

The need for a DAM is essential to many of us, especially professional users. To be blunt this should have been the building block of a professional photo editor.

Many of us are coming across from Lightroom and Photoshop, Affinity Photo could clear up if it was a Hybrid of the two. The use of Affinity Photo, for me, is much more intuitive than PS. The DAM side of Lightroom is sorely missed but doable with yet more software which isn't what we need, a central Affinity hub would be superb for our workflows.

• 2 months later...

I've actually had to go back to Lightroom for processing RAWs as I don't have the time to find a workaround for batch processing in Affinity. I was using On1 Photo RAW but the results I was getting and with no fancy effects use where questioned by a client. I can't afford any questions about my work, so I've gone back to LR but NOT Photoshop. Affinity Photo is my go-to software and I will never go back to PS.

Please sort out a DAM for us professional users.

jk

• 2 months later...

I agree with everything others are saying about a DAM. I tried Lightroom for a while and its big attraction for me was a one stop catalogue/keyword manager plus the speed with which it processed RAW. I love Affinity and left Lightroom/Photoshop (real issue with subscription model) but really do need a proper DAM. Please...

This is a little bit more than 4 years (June 2014) now that Apple have dropped Aperture.
I've tested everything around (really) and Aperture simply beats hand down any single other apps in the — DAM — aspect. (I'm not talking about the adjusting tools, which luckily did evolved on competitors).
I've purchased Affinity Photo in July 2015, since then, I'm reading here people asking for a DAM, and Affinity answering, "yes", "yes", "yes", then "no", then back "yes"…
So I'm sticking on Aperture, it's that simple (sadly) :( The day an Affinity DAM will come, I simply hope it will vaporise Aperture, which no one yet have been able the achieve.

WebSite.pngTwitter.png500px.pngFlickr.png