You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi folks,

I want to purchase a medium sized graphics tablet in the next few weeks and I'm wondering if graphic tables are supported out of the box with all their features like pressure sensitivity, or if any kind of Affinity Photo plugin is needed?

The Huion H610 Pro seems to be my favorite choice at the moment - Wacom tablets are too expensive for my use case - the Huion has good reviews (on the Internet) and cost just about 70 Euros here in Germany - i.e. http://goo.gl/yFCpz3 - but I have no cue if the driver support is really sufficient on OS X 10.10.

Maybe we can start an overview-thread of supported graphic tablets and their working features here?

Bye
Martin

• Staff

Hi,

We support pressure and pretty much all other features of modern graphics tablets - although there is a bug in the initial Photo beta where it will not respond to pressure using the default brush - just go into the "More.." brush settings and set the size controller to "Pressure" (and set variance to whatever you like) - or just select one of the "DAUB" brushes by Paulo Limoncelli - his brushes are *all* already tuned for stylus use :)

I've never used a Huion tablet, but I have heard very good things from some of the most experienced guys around these forums - seems like they are a serious piece of kit, at what seems a very reasonable price!!

Thanks,

Andy.

Huion is definitely giving Wacom a run for their money.  The current crop of tablets are built exceptionally well and the results are fantastic. Thanks to Ray Frenden, I am a convert.  Just like with software, it's a great time to find alternatives to the 'big-wigs'. Just because they used to be a hot commodety, it doesn't mean they will always reign supreme. I think that's quite aparent with the Affinity software suite.  :D  It's a great time to be an artist.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.