You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I have not seen any mention of system requirements. My 2007 iMac runs the software but the screen gets artifacts sometimes, as if the graphics card is not powerful enough. The same thing happens with Pixelmator. 

I don't know what OS us use, how much RAM you have, how many layers you run or the amount of filters, etc... you run on those layers but, your iMac likely has 256MB of RAM on the GPU. And, like you say it will run the software but, with the odd glitch or artifact the GPU is the likely culprit, although system RAM can also affect the video performance. I had a similar issue on my 2006 Mac Pro using Photoshop CS 5.5 also running 256MB GPU but, only 2GB of system RAM, I upgraded my system RAM to 6GB and really haven't had any issues since. Hope this gives you some insight as to what to start looking at on your Mac.

• Staff

Hi puredesign,

It's very difficult to diagnose things like this without seeing them... whenever you next see the 'corruption', can you just hold down Shift+Cmd+3 and OS X will take a screenshot and put it on your desktop. If you could share that screenshot here, we might know what we're looking at :)

Thanks,

Matt