You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I have a logo in PDF vector format, placed in two documents as embedded object. Everything is cool, but in one document i need this logo in black, and in another I need this logo in white.

How can I freeze embedded document in my design document, so I could edit it color without editing original document?

Please help,

P.

I think the easier solution is to have 2 logo files, one white and one black.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

What type of documents do you have the logo's embedded into?

Even with Symbols you would have to create 2 different symbols,  you effectively end up with 2 logo's for export 

5a6f732983921_ScreenShot2018-01-29at19_16_40.thumb.png.83478253acc0ee7155c7ed2e16fddd89.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

@firstdefence

No, you have two instances of a single symbol which means you only have to edit one of the instances to get the changes propagate to both variations, excepting the colours that wouldn't be synchronised.

In the end you would will have to export both (two) instances, there's no way around that, because you want the logo in two different colours no matter the way you use to create them.

6 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Przemo,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Have you considered using Symbols for this? It will give you the flexibility to change the colours independently for each instance of the symbol (objects within the instance) while still keeping the logo editable.

Hi MEB!

Symbols do work in current document only, aren't they?

I do have logo of company, and many documents where I need to put them. I wish I could put embedded document (logo) and in need freeze it to change color.

I was a little surprised when I have put logo in one document finished work, then worked in other and chenged embedded document, then I saw the change in first document. I thought, yes my mistake, then when placing pdf i just copy it inside document not have embedded it.

However I am thinking about solution still (I am still learning Affinity Design & Photo).