popncorn

Opening Pictures in AP

I purchased Affinity Photo for my iPad a while back when it came out, but never attempted to use it.  Now that I'm trying to make a stencil from a photograph of a person...(second part of my question), I can't open any picture in my photo library.  I get a blank screen.  I have photos turned on, so that's not the problem.  I don't know how to fix this, advise please.  While I have your attention, is it possible to switch AP to my MACBOOK from my iPad?  I have a retail business and use Square, I am out of space and have to delete items to ring a sale.  I'm wondering if I can switch the app from my iPad to my MAC?  

Thank you!

Popncorn

Hi popncorm

When you say you get a blank screen is it blank when trying to search the photo library to  find the pic, or when the pic is actually opened in Affinity? are the images from a particular camera and is that camera supported on this list? If not then his will most likely be the issue as we only use Apple's supported list and not our own

There is no way to 'switch' the app. You need to buy the desktop version separately from the Mac App Store to use it on a Mac. You are able to transfer afphoto files between the iPad and Mac versions though

cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi, thank you for responding!  It's blank when I click on the insert picture icon.  The screen is blank and nothing happens at all.  Thank you!  Oh, I take my pictures with my iPhone or iPad.  Thanks again!

Popcorn, with Affinity Photo Open, tap the big + button and select import from photos. This is how AP accesses your camera roll.

Just to clarify, AP doesn’t have an ‘ insert picture' icon which makes your description of the problem a little more difficult to understand. :S

There is a 'Place' option which allows you to place an image. The screen in AP has to be tapped before the image will appear. Is this what you are experiencing?

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.1  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

If your Photo Library is blanked from Affinity Photo, it usually means it (Affinity Photo) doesn't have any permissions to access the Photo Library. Make sure it's turned on in iPad Settings > Photo > Allow Photo to Access > Read and Write

I get this too, when saving anything, anywhere (via iOS Files).

It’s intermittent, and cannot be reproduced reliably - it just happens every other time, or doesn’t.

When it does, there’s nothing you can do but kill the app and restart.

Not 100% sure if it’s the same issue (Photos vs. Files), but the symptom appears to be the same.