You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AP]

firstdefence

Doodle using a Frax fractal as the base.

fullsizeoutput_26.thumb.jpeg.85884a32f12b8bd7f34bd650d199771e.jpeg

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Amazing work! Did you do this on a Mac or at an iPad?

I just found out the possibility to duplicate and automatic rotate a layer so that's a start isn't it? :)

The only thing I'm struggeling with is to group a bunch of layers. (I'm working at an iPd Pro 12")

Hi Ashcat I do some of this on my iPhone 8 plus, I create the fractal in FraxHD, I'll use Pixelmator to kaleidoscope the Frax and tweak colours etc in Affinity Photo

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Wow lots of different apps you used to get the final product amazing job!!!! Any reason you used pixelmatr to do the kaleidoscope effect? Affinity Photo able to do kaleidoscope can't it?

c14a84770b0aac1bd123b13fbd7e3f16.png            Andrew Salfinger
Made by Campfire - Graphic Designer 

W: www.madebycampfire.com
E: hello@madebycampfire.com
T: https://twitter.com/madebycampfire

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2018 at 4:09 AM, shizumiaoki said:

Wow lots of different apps you used to get the final product amazing job!!!! Any reason you used pixelmatr to do the kaleidoscope effect? Affinity Photo able to do kaleidoscope can't it?

No particular reason, I just like Pixelmator for these type of effects, its very easy to use. With Pixelmator I make pattern papers for my partner and her crafting endeavours.

FraxHD is a great app for iPhone and definitely for iPad, I'd love them to make a version for Mac desktop too, some of the patterns and colour movements are hypnotic. I use quite a few iPhone apps such as hipstamtic, Aviary, Snapseed, Inspirit, Darkr and of course Pixelmator. Inspirit could be a much better app, I don't think they realise the potential it has but I think its just a play-about for the creators.

Made a short video of what I do'odle.

iPhone FraxHD and Pixelmator2.mp4

5a8155cba22e5_File12-02-2018084842.thumb.jpeg.ef1aa1e7c890794a49ef1c1d0522e12e.jpeg

7 hours ago, firstdefence said:

FraxHD is a great app for iPhone and definitely for iPad

I'm glad you bumped this thread. I had meant to thank you earlier for introducing me to Frax HD, so I'd better take the opportunity to do so now! 

7 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Inspirit could be a much better app, I don't think they realise the potential it has but I think its just a play-about for the creators.

I couldn't agree more. It's a fun little app, but there's bags more potential locked up in there.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

@Alfred Your welcome Alfred glad you like it, FraxHD awesome, I wish I had an iPad Pro to play with but I have to save up for one of those :)

I'll recommend another app for you to play with, it's called JWildfire be warned its addictive lol! 

I hope they do more with FraxHD like add more textures or give the user the ability to add their own. I keep badgering Inspirit to do more, I'll wear them down eventually.

25 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

I'll recommend another app for you to play with, it's called JWildfire be warned its addictive lol!

I recall a discussion about JWildfire in another thread. As I'm sure I mentioned there, I really don't want to install Java on this machine if I can avoid it!

27 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

I hope they do more with FraxHD like add more textures or give the user the ability to add their own. I keep badgering Inspirit to do more, I'll wear them down eventually.

LOL. :D

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 4 months later...