You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HELP! Cannot "merge all windows" anymore

AffinityPhoto 1.6.6 no longer permits me to select Windows -> Merge all windows anymore. The option is in black (not greyed out), but when selecting it nothing happens. Tried quitting, tried restarting computer (AP 1.6.6 MacPro 2013 OS10.10.5). Accordingly, many of the tool options are no longer available either. How do I fix this? Try not to loose all prefs and macros again.

AffinityPhoto | Designer | Publisher V1&2, InDesign, QuarkXPress, Zeiss ZenBlue, ZereneStacker, Heliconfocus, Aurora HDR, DxO Optics Pro, DataGraph, Wacom tablet

On 1/28/2018 at 7:10 AM, Daniel Geiger said:

AffinityPhoto 1.6.6 no longer permits me to select Windows -> Merge all windows anymore. The option is in black (not greyed out), but when selecting it nothing happens. Tried quitting, tried restarting computer (AP 1.6.6 MacPro 2013 OS10.10.5). Accordingly, many of the tool options are no longer available either. How do I fix this? Try not to loose all prefs and macros again.

Hi Daniel, 

Have you selected Separated Mode? 

;) 

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 13.59.07.png

I know how to toggle between separated and toggled mode. The issue is, that AP is stuck in Separated mode. I select Merge all Windows, but it will not do that. It just stays in Separated mode. Tried quit, open without image open and select Merge All Windows, with image open, but it just is stuck in Separated Mode.

I am seriously thinking about deleting AP and re-installing it fresh. Is that really what I need to do? Seems extreme.

AffinityPhoto | Designer | Publisher V1&2, InDesign, QuarkXPress, Zeiss ZenBlue, ZereneStacker, Heliconfocus, Aurora HDR, DxO Optics Pro, DataGraph, Wacom tablet

Just figured it out. When Separated mode is checked, one does NOT select Merge all Windows to get to that mode, but you select Separated Mode again! That must be a bug.

Not a bug at all. It is a typical checkmark-type menu choice, one that serves as a status indicator and is either on (indicated by the check) or off (indicated by the lack of a check).

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17