You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am new to AD and while working on the tutorials, it went to full screen - no toolbar, no context toolbar, no tools panel, just a blank screen. The menu bar was there, so I managed to get most of the items back, except for the toolbar and context toolbar. I am left with this on the top of the screen:

The personnas are not selectable and none of the others are either. I read that the toolbars could be modified and/or fixed with View / Customize Toolbar, but that option is grayed out and is not accessible as below:

I went to the install file, and tried the option to repair. It went through the program, but I'm still left with this. Should I use the install file to uninstall the program and then again to re-install?

I don't know if I pressed a wrong key combination while working or how it happened, but this is what I have now.

Please help.

Menu Bars1.jpg

View Menu.jpg

Edited by Pepperdog2
Put screen shots in the wrong place

Pepperdog, go to the View>Studio.  There you can turn on and off the panels by clicking your desires.  If they are checked but grayed out then it was probably a shift + ctrl + H that hid the studio.  Another shift + ctrl + H will unhide them.

If this doesn't work try toggling the Full screen Window>Toggle Full Screen.

Hope that helps.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Tried that, and I didn't see anything of use. The main problem is with the context toolbar. Nothing under View>Studio is grayed out. The grayed out areas are View>Customize Toolbar and View>Customize Tools. The Shift+Ctrl+H turned off the Panel on the right with the layers, Color wheel, et. al., but didn't have any effect on the context toolbar. I added the current settings of the Studio and the grayed out areas to the previous post. Still can't access anything on the top toolbars or context toolbar.

View Menu2.jpg

The dashed rectangular shapes in the Toolbar suggest to me that you are already in the "Customize Toolbar" mode, at least if you were using the Mac version. I don't have a computer running Windows so I can only guess about it, but there must be some way to exit that mode that does not involve using the View menu, like maybe right-clicking in the Toolbar area & looking for an appropriate popup menu choice, or maybe just tapping the Escape or Return key on the keyboard.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7