You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Draw a triangle, select a textured brush and

texture.jpg.a5020c0f973515720765765ab0d13519.jpg

drag the width slider

width.jpg.baeccf1233cb626ea2595bf01a7d4dab.jpg

I am not sure if there is a perfect brush though. You will have to try them.

It looks a bit "grungy" so you might have to add a mask to it.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

37 minutes ago, pascalbinckenstein said:

Hi, thanks for your answer. That's may a dumb question, but where can I find the textured brushes? :D 

It's in the picture I posted, In the Brushes panel (Studio on the right) from the drop down menu, select Textured 

textured.png.0df36d6f90a5f85ddc7db5cde2e6a07b.png

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

You could just add a gold coloured noise image, mask the triangle to the image then adjust the Blend Ranges of the image to make it partially transparent in places.

nefertem.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi,

There are several methods you could use to re-create distressed looks on lines

1. As Toltec has suggested simply replace the lines with a textured brush from the brush library panel

2, Manual: Create a distressed object line with expand stroke and manually edit vector with pen+node tools 

3. Mask to below: Overlay a shape with texture pattern (vector or raster). Make sure layers are 'stacked' [pattern on top] and use a Layer Mask. Activate mask to below in layers panel [right-click on selected layer] and 'knock-out' parts of the image [Adjust for effect]

3. Layer Erase: Overlay texture pattern (vector group) and set layer containing required pattern to 'erase' [layer erase]

4. Mask: Add layer mask to vector object and paint mask with textured raster brush

5. Nested layers with pattern object inside line [Thick lines or shapes] 

Capture.JPG

Artboard1@0.3x.jpg

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

I have attached the file here

nefertem2.afdesign

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Why not just make a brush that emulates the font Like this one Papyrus Brush.afbrushes  ;) made the wrong brush on the first one I uploaded, this one will change colour when choosing the stroke colour.

5a6e06cf290f6_ScreenShot2018-01-28at17_21_21.png.82d89591f190cd3a1aeae60d39a9e9bb.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

If you want an EXACT match, why not use the font itself on a text curve (I used the dash....play with spacing and baseline shift).

Or, at the very least.... (and especially if you eventually need to do something with curves)

Make a brush from the font itself (2nd pic). I used a couple different straight sections end to end to create a little more variety (of course you can also play with pressure too).

5a6e2475b82d4_ScreenShot2018-01-28at2_28_04PM.thumb.png.e6c132ec3035f6a867cac2e5c53140e4.png

5a6e070c8fc8f_ScreenShot2018-01-28at12_21_51PM.thumb.png.9e0a75ce90f6ca308733df72c391da41.png