Johan64

Affinity Designer Unexpectedly Quits on Mac

Hi.

I bought and installed Affinity Designer from the Mac App Store.

Whenever we try to change the resolution of the document (dpi) in the document setup from Affinity Designer (1.6.0), the program immediately crashes with the "Affinity Designer Quit Unexpectedly" message. We are using OS Sierra 10.13.2 (the most recent). I also noticed that I can't change the document from print to web .... in the document setup

I really need to change this setting since I principle work with web images 

regards

Johan

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 08.46.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 08.46.56.png

Hi Johan64,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Click the Report button when that message appears then press ⌥ (option/alt) drag the icon from the titlebar of the report window to your desktop (you should see a green plus icon) while doing so).

Please attach that file/report here on the forum. Then launch the app with (ctrl) held down until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Remove the ticks for Don't restore window and documents and Reset Studio. Leave only Clear User Defaults checked then press Clear. This should fix the crash issue.

Hi Johan64

Is it only with the document you are using in your screenshot or is it with any document including new ones?

The Type field is simply just a category for a list of common presets. The actual dimensions and DPI set below it are what actually influence the document. If you already have you document set up at a size in pixels, changing the type from print to web does not make it anymore web suitable, it just changes what category of presets is shown

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I'm having the same problem with the designer program shutting down. All I want to do is add a new layer & it shuts down and gives me the same message that Johan64 posted.

Well I did as requested 

_Then launch the app with (ctrl) held down until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Remove the ticks for Don't restore window and documents and Reset Studio. Leave only Clear User Defaults checked then press Clear. This should fix the crash issue._

...and have still the unexpected quits...  It's a shame... because I can't trust the program and remain sure that my work will not get lost

On 1/29/2018 at 10:36 AM, pauls said:

This could be a UI issue we may have fixed in the latest Beta version

I was having this issue with 1.6.6 on the latest macOS.  I isolated it to having the studio panels undocked and floating.  The layers panel would not show any layers.  If I tried any operations in the layers panel, affinity photo would immediately unexpectedly quit.  

It was amazing how long it would take for the OS to report that Affinity had unexpectedly quit.  

So, for me, I was able to repeatedly crash affinity photo app by attempting to use the undocked floating layers studio panel.