CharlieKeem

Won’t launch

2 hours ago, CharlieKeem said:

I just installed Designer and Photo on my mac via the App Store & neither of them will launch. Running the latest OS. 

I've just updated my brand new iMac to High Sierra 10.13.3.  I'm not certain that it's related, but Affinity Photo no longer works reliably.  It either freezes on launch or freezes and closes on selecting Affinity>Preferences.  AP had worked beautiful since installation and I had experienced no issues either installing or using the NIK plug ins.  I needed to access Affinity>Preferences as NIK were no longer showing in Filters>Plugins.  There are no photos on the HD (all on Western Digital 4TB EHD) and no indication on problems across the platform.  Really miffed as this is a brand new Mac (my PC constantly crashes) and Affinity Photo is the only app installed so far.  I have attached what I think is the error reporting log.  I do hope that you can help.  I now have Affinity Photo for PC (which seems to cause frequent crashes) and Affinity Photo for Mac - that seems to be doing the same thing.  Many thanks in advance.  

iMac Error Log.spx

Hi Lubiloo,

Launch the app with ⌃(ctrl) held down until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Remove the ticks for Don't restore window and documents and Reset Studio. Leave only Clear User Defaults checked then press Clear. You will need to set up the Photoshop Plugins prefs again in Affinity Photo but it should work reliably after that.

57 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Lubiloo,

Launch the app with ⌃(ctrl) held down until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Remove the ticks for Don't restore window and documents and Reset Studio. Leave only Clear User Defaults checked then press Clear. You will need to set up the Photoshop Plugins prefs again in Affinity Photo but it should work reliably after that.

Gosh!  Thanks very, very much!  That has worked perfectly.  

5 hours ago, CharlieKeem said:

I just installed Designer and Photo on my mac via the App Store & neither of them will launch. Running the latest OS. 

@CharlieKeem

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

I will get someone to see to this thread (or your subsequent direct email) in the morning UK time. Thank you for your patience.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

@CharlieKeem

Thanks for getting back to us by email with your solution of logging out and back in to the App store. I am not sure how this was stopping the Affinity apps starting, but I am very pleased that you are now up and running, and perhaps this advice will help someone else who reads this.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.