You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add option to display objects and guides outside canvas bondaries

I wanted to use a horizon line above the top boundary of the canvas, so I added a horizontal guide line with the value -20%. The line did not show up. So I added an artboard because I used that to show objects outside boundaries - no such luck. Now I have to create an artboard plus a nasty curve in order to see it. Not very elegant since I am going to add more guides with normally invisible parts in current version of Affinity.

It would be nice to have a "show things outside boundaries" feature.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Gear maker said:

TJYSunset, not sure if this will help you but try View>View Mode>Clip to canvas (also toggled with a \ backslash).  This will allow you to see objects outside the canvas.

Thanks Gear maker you are a lifesaver :D

Sadly that does not apply to guides so I guess the request could be renamed to "display guides outside boundaries" then. Or maybe I'll just wait for the developers to add the perspective grid feature...

No you are right.  Guides I believe a year or two ago did go across the entire screen.  But they were changed much to some people's chagrin.  I've made some drawings that are super wide just to get the perspective points to show.  Then drawn several lines (guides) emanating from the points.  Then shrunk the width to only show what I want.  Then I can draw my lines for my drawing approximately parallel to the guides I have drawn.  Not perfect but I can come close.  Good luck.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra