You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting business cards

What would be the easiest solution to export 21 (3 columns, 7 rows) 90x50mm business cards on SRA3 paper (320x450mm) with cut marks and 4mm spacing between them?

See, in Corel, you can easily do that by selecting "print" and export through PDF.

But I can't seem to find workaround for this in Affinity...

Thanks for all your tips -.<

The best option I've found within Affinity is to create a grid: View > Grid and Axis Manager... set the Spacing to 10mm and Divisions to 5 With this grid layout its pretty easy and quick to get a 7 row 3 column layout.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Had a play with the advanced features of grid layout and you can get 90mm x 50mm grid with a 4mm gutter. I'm sure others could add to this idea but I have to go to work now. This is just an idea, I don't know how you would get the grid centralised.

5a699eb4f3fc2_ScreenShot2018-01-25at09_07_33.png.62cb786c6950557109389b72f1c88afc.png

5a699f2c8dac0_ScreenShot2018-01-25at09_10_46.png.6786bf626f239a12962d626b2de08130.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hi Arun,

I was asking the OP...I should have been clear.

But this applies to both I suppose if the OP also is either needing to print direct or supply imposed PDFs.

There are two print establishments I supply imposed PDFs to (aside from myself). I would really recommend using imposition software. Either standalone or a plug-in to Acrobat or use pdfToolbox  (which can impose).

I know it is an extra expense. But when this is a recurring task, it is quicker and over time saves.

Well, I'm printing stuff in our graphics studio and whether I'm the one doing the cutting or someone else, we need those crop marks most of the time...

We have to export files in PDF/X-3:2002 for our printer to recognize it.

I don't have much experience with imposition software, but I might take a look at it. :)

Thanks for advice.

On 1/25/2018 at 10:10 AM, firstdefence said:

Had a play with the advanced features of grid layout and you can get 90mm x 50mm grid with a 4mm gutter. I'm sure others could add to this idea but I have to go to work now. This is just an idea, I don't know how you would get the grid centralised.

5a699eb4f3fc2_ScreenShot2018-01-25at09_07_33.png.62cb786c6950557109389b72f1c88afc.png

I gave your idea a shot, but since (as you already mentioned) it's not centralized, it's pretty much useless..

Also, I still would have to duplicate each and every business card on my own - which is the problem I wanted to solve in the first place.

So I guess that's where we're at right now..