jugglegood

exporting jpg : Wrong Dimensions

Hi! I have artboards in affinity photo and I'm making banner ads.  Occassionaly exporting a jpg, i'll get weird stuff in the export dialog. my artboards are pixel perfect. I set their dimensions in the Transform panel.

in the attached picture, you can see that the export size is different from the "Area"  that isn't because I changed it.  The Area is correct, the export size is not. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at [Jan 24] 8.52.00 a.jpg

Hi jugglegood,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is because the artboard is not aligned with the pixel grid - it's X, Y coordinates are not integer values. If you fix them it will export with the correct dimensions. To do it select the respective artboard layer in the Layers panel (Move Tool), then check its coordinates in the Transform panel an fix/remove the decimal part. You may need to go to Affinity Designer Preferences, User Interface section and increase the Pixels value in the Decimal Places for Units Types section to ensure you are seeing the whole coordinates values and not a rounded value (to be able to check cases like 150,08px for example).

To avoid these issues make sure you have Force Pixel Alignment enabled in the main toolbar or in the Snapping Manager (menu View ▸ Snapping Manager) as this setting also affects the artboards.

Hi @jugglegood,

It's exporting with 729px (width) rather than 728px because the artboard does have 729px. Pick the Move Tool then select the artboard layer in the Layers panel (which you have labeled 728x90), than take a look at the width field in the Transform panel: it does have 729px. Fix the artboard size and it will export with the dimension you want (728px)