You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3 minutes ago, Corgi said:

Yes, it is hard to rationalize how Blend has been considered but not implemented for so long

Buddy, I don't know... It's categorized as "Usability", they might have referred to "blend mode" dropdown or something, not actual morph blend function. That replicate slash does not look right.

7 minutes ago, Corgi said:

image.png.8323d9d7ac1014c689d7c9070047f00f.png

reaching.gif.1216840ab91467419755631759f29085.gif

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 19045)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8Ghz (-30 all core +200mhz PBO); Mobo: Asus X470 Prime Pro
32GB DDR4 (3600Mhz); EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 X3C Ultra 12GB
Monitor 1 4K @ 125% due to a bug
Monitor 2 4K @ 150%
Monitor 3 (as needed) 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro; NIKON D5600 DSLR

2 minutes ago, h.ozboluk said:

at least them animals are cute,
but this matter robbed all my humor

It's a forum reference anyway. RIP Roadmap. We miss you.

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 19045)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8Ghz (-30 all core +200mhz PBO); Mobo: Asus X470 Prime Pro
32GB DDR4 (3600Mhz); EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 X3C Ultra 12GB
Monitor 1 4K @ 125% due to a bug
Monitor 2 4K @ 150%
Monitor 3 (as needed) 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro; NIKON D5600 DSLR

On 1/24/2018 at 11:22 AM, MEB said:

Hi Phil,

No, there's no Blend available in Designer. There a blend/replicate tool in Designer's roadmap but i don't know yet any details about it.

7 minutes ago, MKallas said:

Buddy, I don't know... It's categorized as "Usability", they might have referred to "blend mode" dropdown or something, not actual morph blend function. That replicate slash does not look right.

@MKallas, you might be right. Although that quote on the top from 2018 was from a moderator, and the roadmap at that time still listed Blend/Replicate under usability, yet he referred to it as a tool. Who knows.

• 3 months later...

To be honest, I was actually a little bit shocked when I found out that there is no morph/blend/tween function implemented in AD. I mean it's a fundamental function in all vector programs I encountered over the years: Aldus Freehand (later Adobe Freehand) had it, CorelDraw does, AI of course and even CAD packages offer it these days. What's worse is that people have apparently been telling Serif since 2015 that this function is a must. That's EIGHT YEARS!

I must say that I am sometimes truly baffled about the number of significant shortcomings in the designer application (array function, aligning objects along a curve (w/o the text path workaround), proper implementation of boolean functions (one that's not producing 2 useless shapes and 3 random artefacts when your cutting object is a closed topology), perspective adjustments of shapes/groups etc. are other known deficits that simply leave me speechless). I mean, that's just simple, basic stuff that's still not there!

Correct me if I am wrong but I am under the impression that the software is mostly being built by young programmers with no first-hand knowledge of the established workflows that are in place across the creative industry... if that's the case, then the product managers really need to up their game and start looking into an improved development process like the co-creation approach you find in the development of the Blender rendering/modelling application. (about me: industrial designer & design manager and team lead in the consumer industry for 25+ years).

When V2 came out, one of our designers yelled: "Designer V2 - now with basic functions that almost work!" (I understand the frustration, as management had forced the creative team to make the switch from Adobe to Affinity, promising them a mature product environment and a smooth workflow... yeah, right.)

Edited by S1monSays
Grammar/spelling errors, addtl. information.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

9 years customers asking for the shape blend tool and color blend tool...9 years, then talk about customer satisfaction and why companies fail....bcz they fail to listen to what their supporters who have been supporting and buying since it s inception are begging for, 9 YEARS 

then suddenly oh we dont know what happened we had a great response from the paid V2 and the amateurs buying our product from all the ads we run and we thought we were succeeding commercially , i do not know why we re closing or selling to adobe haha maybe bcz we shd have listened to the 20 people requesting that darn blend tool....damn daniel

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 3:01 AM, nour bouch said:

9 years customers asking for the shape blend tool and color blend tool...9 years, then talk about customer satisfaction and why companies fail....bcz they fail to listen to what their supporters who have been supporting and buying since it s inception are begging for, 9 YEARS 

then suddenly oh we dont know what happened we had a great response from the paid V2 and the amateurs buying our product from all the ads we run and we thought we were succeeding commercially , i do not know why we re closing or selling to adobe haha maybe bcz we shd have listened to the 20 people requesting that darn blend tool....damn daniel

Why are you writing this? Do you have some evidence that Affinity is closing or selling to Adobe or are you just making things up?

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com