You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 1/24/2018 at 11:19 AM, Phil_rose said:

Good morning everybody,

I am finding another thing that seems to be missing from Designer which I use an awful lot in CorelDRAW and which is kind worrying to me unless maybe I'm missing something. In Corel I have a blend tool. I believe Illustrator has the same thing though I don't use Illustrator. It allows me to create two objects and blend them together. This is particularly useful for creating interesting drop shadows and so on. Is there really no way to do this in Designer? I'm attaching a screenshot to show you what I mean. Corel allows me to choose which aspects of each object interact with one another.

Hopefully there is some way of doing this or it will be added as it seems like a very important tool to me.

Thanks very much and let me know!

Phil

ScreenHunter 93.png

SELECT ALL SHAPES GO TO LAYER, CLICK CREATE COMPOUND. See if this helps.

8 hours ago, jstnhllmn said:

This feature will arrive the day after we get cold fusion and puppies that don't poop.

But we will still not get export preview and JPG optimization.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

11 hours ago, Phil_rose said:

yEAH! sTUPID sERIF. gIvinG us CheAp aNd brIlLiant SoftWarE thAt doesN't haVe EVERYTHING wE WaNt!

How dare you! - 

as it states on the website:

Screen Grab 2020-11-06 at 09.07.29.png

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 1 month later...

+1

On 7/6/2019 at 10:25 AM, deeds said:

Yes, this feature needed. Miss this most from Illustrator and CorelDraw. It is the heart of geometric repetition and evolvement. 

I used this feature in Corel Draw!, like 20+ years ago actually :)

Not that I'm saying every imaginable feature should already be in Affinity Designer *right now* of course. But I Love this feature too.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Back in 1993, when graphic design on the computer was in it’s infancy, I had a graphics program that morphed objects. I don’t think it did much else. Just made it fun to create fancy text and shapes. I don’t really remember a whole lot about it. It was before I ever heard of Adobe. The point being, that even on the Limited computing power of the day, morphing/blending objects was available tech.

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2021 at 10:49 AM, Renaud Denis said:

+1

I used this feature in Corel Draw!, like 20+ years ago actually :)

Not that I'm saying every imaginable feature should already be in Affinity Designer *right now* of course. But I Love this feature too.

You've heard, they put it on the invisible roadmap.... I'm sure in the next 20 years it will be implemented with many missing features and terrible UX.

Contour tool is the only thing that's been added in recent few years. the development is almost stalled.
So there won't be a new feature for next few years I think.

Affinity Designer got lost between amateur tool and pro tool. 
If it's for amateurs and Serif keeps the price low, UI and features should be simplified. current AD is not for amateurs for sure, too complex.
If it's really for a pro tool, features lack in AD should be added quickly to catches up Adobe/Corel and Serif should raise the price more.
Otherwise 2024 which is 10th anniversary of Affinity will be the same as 2014, nothing will be changed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 6:09 PM, LondonSquirrel said:

I personally have seen one very useful and time-saving feature added - 'select same fill or stroke'…

TBH one, two or a handful features added in 7+ years isn't a stellar track record, especially when the competition has had those features for years prior to your release. I'm sure a few folks will pipe in and proclaim a long list of additions, but those additions never seem to be the features/fixes folks are asking for. IMHO Affinity Designer is starting to feel a lot like abandonware (I know that it's not, but it sure feels that way).

The silence from Serif on all of these long-standing issues/feature requests remains deafening.

+1 for the blend tool.

Having said that, Designer is an incredible value. It does much more than I expected of any Illustrator substitute. And I'm actually allowed to own it. And I'm not required to ignore the horde of subscription minions running the the background. I'm quite happy with Serif.

Still, that blend tool is something I have never done without. 

I agree, this is a very powerful feature that would be nice if it was included in Designer.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD