Sign in to follow this  
Lauri

"Force Pixel Alignment / Move by whole pixels" not working with Groups [Photo]

"Move by whole pixels" doesn't seem to apply to groups. If I move around Group, it can end up being placed like 1382,5px. I have both boxes ticked in snapping manager. If I move around layers individually, this bug doesn't occur.

4 minutes ago, Lauri said:

"Move by whole pixels" doesn't seem to apply to groups. If I move around Group, it can end up being placed like 1382,5px.

"Move by whole pixels" means "Move by a whole number of pixels", not "Move to a whole-pixel position". If an object or group starts out at 1282.5 pixels and you move it by 100 whole pixels, its new position will be 1382.5.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

Hi Lauri 

As Alfred has said, the move by whole pixel options literal adds a whole pixel on to the current value. If you turn this off and leave the force pixel alignment option on, movin the group should set the x and y coordinates for the top left anchor to be on whole pixels. You can then turn the move by whole pixel option on if you wish. You may still not get whole pixels if the group is being snapped to specific objects or places on the spread, but it will be fine for general transforms

cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Lauri,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Without seeing the file is difficult to guess what's causing this. There's several factors that may be affecting the positioning of the object. Do you have Snap to grid enabled? And if so are you using the Automatic grid or a custom one? If you attach the file (you can delete non-related items if you want) we should be able to get right to the issue.

Resurrecting this thread because I was just having a similar issue...

Problem - I had 'move by whole pixel' enabled, yet the arrow keys nudged elements by unusual amounts (I think 1.4 pixels).

Solution - In File > Document Setup I noticed the DPI was set to 192 DPI. Changed this to 72 DPI (as it's a website design) and elements now snap to whole pixels.

image.png.c7b4c986f5120ff395907116f4dc3657.png

The document started life as an Adobe Illustrator file, must have set the DPI as 192 DPI when I imported it into Affinity Designer.

Hopefully this will help someone.