You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where to buy, and how many to buy?

I am enjoying using the Trial Version of Affinity Photo and it looks like I may well drop my Adobe CC subscription.

I do, however, have two questions I'd like to have clarified before I take the plunge and buy Affinity Photo...

1. Are there advantages/disadvantages buying the program direct from Serif as opposed to buying it from MS App Store?

2. My Photoshop subscription allows me to install PS on both my PC and Laptop (I am sole user and only one version is ever used at one time). Would a single licence be OK, or is it required to purchase two licences?

Thank you,
Cole

• Staff

Hi Cole McAllum

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

1 - The Microsoft Store version runs on a sandboxed environment - while this increases security against malicious apps/developers it also put some constraints regarding the program's ability to interact with third party apps (for example to send files from/to other apps). If you do intend to use it this way the Affinity Store may be a better option. Other differences you will find: the Microsoft Store version can update the application automatically as long as auto updates are enabled, our version must be updated manually; there's no product keys for the Microsoft Store version; uninstalling the Microsoft Store version delete/throws away any customization you may have made in case you decide to (re)install it later - the Affinity Store version keeps some user data in case you decide to install the app later. The Microsoft Store also impose a limit on the number of machines you can install the program on (which i believe is ten - still have to confirm this). For the Affinity Store check my reply below.

2 - You can install the application on all computers you own/control as long as you are the only one using the software for commercial purposes. Check our End User License Agreement (EULA) for more details.