You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stretch/Transform seamless?

In many cases when I edit I'll stretch one object in a picture, in affinity it doesn't leave the stretch seamless. Please fix this!!

Here I have demonstrated what I mean.

First is the original pic... then my apple is stretched to the left in affinity, then trying to correct by nudging it a pixel to the right (but it's still not seamless), then trying for the same effect in pixelmator and lastly in photoshop. 

As you can see affinity leaves a white line down the middle from where it was transformed and even when you nudge it back a pixel to compensate it's still not seamless and it's a little more obvious that the picture is stretched to the left. 

So the feature I'm requesting is that you make it so you can't tell so obviously that it was stretched and mostly that it doesn't leave a white line from the point where it was stretched.

appban.jpg

appbanaffinity.jpg

appbanaffinitycorrected.jpg

appbanphotoshop.jpg

appbanpixelmator.jpg

What program are you using (Photo or Designer) and how are you doing the stretching?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I can confirm that bug (it's easy to replicate)  It's in Affinity Photo.

It happens to me too and hopefully it can be fixed.

- In Photoshop you select part of an image and stretch/scale it and it behaves as expected.

- In Affinity Photo if you stretch the selection you get a one pixel white line in the border of the selection. You need to manually retouch to fix it... :(

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

Instagram.com/soyfervelarde

33 minutes ago, velarde said:

I can confirm that bug (it's easy to replicate)  It's in Affinity Photo.

It happens to me too and hopefully it can be fixed.

- In Photoshop you select part of an image and stretch/scale it and it behaves as expected.

- In Affinity Photo if you stretch the selection you get a one pixel white line in the border of the selection. You need to manually retouch to fix it... :(

I came across this, too. Also in ADe even if align to Pixels was active. My workaround was to retouch on a separate layer.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 11 months later...

I just wanted to bump this thread up. Also to inquire whether this bug will big fixed any time in the near future? I really would like to not need photoshop anymore and this one thing is the biggest thing that makes me need to keep it still.

• 7 months later...

Can I ask, how you scale a selection in AP?

I can copy the selection onto a new layer and stretch it (and I don't get the white line) but possibly not understanding how you're able to stretch a selection?

Thanks.