You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Frequency Separation ( Video )

In this video, I explain one way to get your image into Affinity Photo. Then I demonstrate how I use a featured filter called Frequency Separation to retouch skin.

Thank you, Matt! I try to put useful stuff out there into the universe.

Sorry, that keeps happening to you Rui. I embed the video and provide the link to all my post because the embedded video does not show up  in my chrome browser, but shows in safari and on my phone and tableYou telling me the link does not work sure does stink.

Well, you can always find my youtube channel by searching Mixmediasalad and subscribing to my channel. that way you get an email every time I post a video. I post weekly. usually on Tuesday or Wednesday.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, sir. I appreciate you taking the time to express your gratitude.

Sir?? LOL.  On the other hand, it's better than Ma'am.  Not sure why but Sir can be any age; Ma'am is old.

just showing respect. that all you can get that at any age, but if you don't want it .... Ill just hit ya with "man" instead ;) 

Hahahaha! Yes, that makes this exchange that much more entertaining. I totally miss interpreted your name lol! I read it as Lil "G". I had some conversation somewhere on the web with a Lil G and that person was male. So, I totally disrespected you while respecting you :P. Pardon moi mademoiselle. ;) ...Notice I did not say Madame :P. Thank you for the morning chuckle.

• 3 months later...

Thanks a lot for your tuto.

I must ask...though....to see wether Inhave understood. Does the FS filter affect on the textures and not the shading? ...so if you do qpply it using its layer, and having the clonning tool in action does it pick the texture and not the colour, as long as you use it on the FS layer?

On the ground, the greying of the FS layer reminds me of the grey layer you can in PS when you the relief filter.

It is really nice. Thanks for the liquifying tuto...it has done quite a service to me!!

Rosa

Thanks a lot for your tuto.

I must ask...though....to see wether Inhave understood. Does the FS filter affect on the textures and not the shading? ...so if you do qpply it using its layer, and having the clonning tool in action does it pick the texture and not the colour, as long as you use it on the FS layer?

On the ground, the greying of the FS layer reminds me of the grey layer you can in PS when you the relief filter.

It is really nice. Thanks for the liquifying tuto...it has done quite a service to me!!

Rosa

You are welcome. Yes, The high-Frequency layer contains the texture the Low-frequency layer contains the  color information. Thanks for watching!

Cheers,

Ronnie 

Thanks Ronnie, great tutorial!

Thanks Chris! I am glad you found it useful.

• 2 weeks later...