You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

5 minutes ago, Jan Klima said:

Also - you actually can resize the preview window any way you want. 

Yes, I know, but the original stays at the same size and there is no way to change that once the export pane is open.

Let's just hope that this is indeed the first step and that next version will improve on the UX so that it will delight us with its effectiveness and elegance. 

For now, I will keep on using Photoshop.

Well I was able to resize the view of the new preview, but as others said the window was oddly connected to the main dialogue. What now becomes apparent though is that (in Designer anyways) the exporting of jpg from vector art is terrible. I had an 800px x 800px image that came out to over 1mb and even at 90% quality had terrible artifacts around the lettering. I am now not worried about if there is good UI as what it eventually exports is totally useless and frankly an embarassment. I cannot use this and will be asking for a refund. Maybe I will check back again next year when my CC subscription comes up for renewal. Hate to pay so much to make Adobe billions, but at least it functions. What choice do I have?

2 hours ago, ethos7 said:

that (in Designer anyways) the exporting of jpg from vector art is terrible

That is utterly  nonsense! I use Designer on  daily bases and create vector based designs that I export as JPG, PNG, TIFF and SVG without a problem, maybe you should use SVG, TIFF or PNG instead of JPEG? It depends of the media you want to use it for. https://blog.hubspot.com/insiders/different-types-of-image-files Or study the documentation before making false assumptions. https://blog.filestack.com/thoughts-and-knowledge/complete-image-file-extension-list/

Meh. The export features of Designer do not stack up to what I get with Illustrator. I am glad it works for you. It does not work for me to my quality vs size expectation necessary to provide a professional product for my clients. I really hate these forums as a form of tech support as I have to deal with a-holes like you who invalidate my totally real experience and tell me to use something else such as SVG. No amount of links to documentation will provide a better JPG and that is what I need. I also need the company that provides me the product to stand behind it and fully support it via a ticket system that allows me to discuss the issue with an employee, rather than argue with some fanboy. I hate this shit. The product sucks. Twitter and a public forum are not tech support. Refund please. 

39 minutes ago, ethos7 said:

I also need the company that provides me the product to stand behind it and fully support it via a ticket system that allows me to discuss the issue with an employee, rather than argue with some fanboy. I hate this shit.

Excuse me? I run a web design company and use Affinity products for years. I also happen to have Photo Shop and Illustrator and your tone and the assumptions you make including the way you expose your self on this form makes you  look like a 14 years old trying to get some attention in the wrong way! This is a users forum and people try to help in a positive way. Not the way you try to solve your problems.

There is Affinity staff watching this forum all the time and when you ask a question (the normal way) they may answer you! 

affinityreturns@serif.com

• 1 year later...

Do we have any update on the Save for Web functionality requested in 2015 yet? As a web dev I need to be able to compare and test image output "real time, side by side" and - not the "set and guess what the output will be" functionality currently provided. I also need to strip extraneous data from the file (useless metadata)

Without these two functions Affinity Photo is essentially useless for me working on web images - I don't have time (and clients won't pay for me) to be repeatedly switching between APhoto and some other application to compare output/export images.

I waited patiently through all of v1 and I had hoped that it would be present in v2, and so far I have not seen any mention of it. I don't want to buy it unless it is available now or at least scheduled for release some time SOON!

Those are in v2. Try the free 30 day demo. The preview is in the export window and reflects your export settings. Metadata removal has always been in the More section of the export dialogue. 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022