You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I know this is something not so important, but I want to edit a layer by itself, I don't like the fact that when I want to edit one layer with adjustments it edits all the layers, I don't know if I'm missing something or if this is just how it is but I don't want to have to merge the adjustment for it to affect a specific layer. this might be the thing with the trial because I'm using the trial to test affinity, I've been using photoshop for a while and I'm really used to edit layers just by separately without editing every other layer. if there is a toggle to this that I don't know about I would like to know because this is keeping me from switching to affinity, other than that, I'm enjoying what affinity has to offer, there's a little less but I'm sure more will come eventually. 

Have you tried dragging the Adjustment layer onto the layer you want to adjust and to make it a child layer of the layer you wish to adjust?

5a63c22e4d9df_ScreenShot2018-01-20at22_19_29.thumb.png.419dea6dcfa5be58ef9993a3cf1a1e48.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

On 1/20/2018 at 2:15 PM, firstdefence said:

Have you tried dragging the Adjustment layer onto the layer you want to adjust and to make it a child layer of the layer you wish to adjust?

5a63c22e4d9df_ScreenShot2018-01-20at22_19_29.thumb.png.419dea6dcfa5be58ef9993a3cf1a1e48.png

Thanks i guess that could work, still an extra step but ill probably get used to it

45 minutes ago, RafaelDIm. said:

Thanks i guess that could work, still an extra step but ill probably get used to it

It doesn't have to be an extra step. in the Assistant Manager, you can set the option to nest adjustment layers by default.

Go View > Assistant Manager (or click on the Tuxedo icon)

tux.jpg.47c98c9e36f01218b68975492facb570.jpg

and where is says "Adding adjustment layer to selection" select "Add adjustment as child layer", instead of "Add adjustment as new layer"

add.png.8f1732619fc5a6e3435f68507eea427e.png

That way adjustment layers will automatically be nested (in the selected layer) and will only affect that layer..

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

5 hours ago, toltec said:

It doesn't have to be an extra step. in the Assistant Manager, you can set the option to nest adjustment layers by default.

Go View > Assistant Manager (or click on the Tuxedo icon)

tux.jpg.47c98c9e36f01218b68975492facb570.jpg

and where is says "Adding adjustment layer to selection" select "Add adjustment as child layer", instead of "Add adjustment as new layer"

add.png.8f1732619fc5a6e3435f68507eea427e.png

That way adjustment layers will automatically be nested (in the selected layer) and will only affect that layer..

@toltec Another little gem tip, thank you for that. B|

Ps. need more emoticons on the forum like thumbs up etc... pretty please! 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

11 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Ps. need more emoticons on the forum like thumbs up etc... pretty please! 

You mean like  thumbup1.gif or maybe  thumbup.gif ?

These can be found at http://serif.punster.info/serif_smilies4dt.html?URL. Click the "For most forums" checkbox & copy & paste into your post.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Who says prays aren't answered punk.gif  clap.gif

12 hours ago, R C-R said:

You mean like  thumbup1.gif or maybe  thumbup.gif ?

These can be found at http://serif.punster.info/serif_smilies4dt.html?URL. Click the "For most forums" checkbox & copy & paste into your post.

tip.gif You don't really need to check the "For most forums" checkbox. If you just paste the URL on its own, this forum will embed the image automatically but will also offer to display the URL as a link instead. Without the ?URL parameter, the "For most forums" checkbox will be checked automagically anyway, as demonstrated by the following links:

http://serif.punster.info/serif_smilies4dt.html

http://serif.punster.info/opera_smilies4dt.html

http://serif.punster.info/phpbb3_smilies4dt.html

43 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Who says prays aren't answered punk.gif  clap.gif

You're welcome. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)