You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Work loosing bug when saving and out of space

Hi,

1. Do some work on a already saved file on a non-sytem drive (ie. D:\)

2. Get the drive to be out of space.

3. Try to save. You will get an error.

4.Get some free space.

5. Try to save again, get en error.

6. Try to save to another file (save as...). Get an error saying that the save failed into the original file (by name).

Stuck with work you can't save. Game over man.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

I just tried this.

Create a file and save it to a usb flash drive.

Remove the usb drive and try to save to the local hd drive: get this error message every time.

error.jpg

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

That's really not the kind of bug that should get priority. I removed the usb drive on purpose just to test. Whoever has a full hd drive will have to face more serious errors than that.

But this is the kind of error that the software should handle more gracefully... some day.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

What happens if you clear up some free space on the previously full drive, then Select All on the document, copy and paste everything to a new document then try to save the new document?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.