You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selecting several objects with Flood Select Tool

Hey, so I've just started using Affinity for cleaning and translating Manga.

one thing that I've been looking for and miss from using Photoshop is selecting several objects with the Magic wand tool. The Flood select tool is awesome but I can't seem to select more than one thing at the time with it. I know I can use the Selection brush tool and do it manually but for the task of selecting individual letters, it's just faster to do it one by one.

So what I'm wondering is if I'm missing something and there is a way to select more objects at once or if the brush selection tool is the one way.

Thanks in advance. :)

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Ladrason,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

With the Flood Selection Tool active go to the context toolbar right above the work area  and change the Mode from New to Add.

Thank you so much for the quick answer. Haha, I feel like an idiot for not noticing that.

I've got to say, the amount of support in the way of tutorials and activity on the forums is awesome and I'm so happy that I've found Affinity and this community. :)

• 10 months later...
47 minutes ago, tarsonis said:

So there is no shortcut like in Photoshop alt+click (substract)  - shift+click (add) for the selction tool? Testing the demo and this would be a dealbreaker. I asking in hope that this buttons aren't your serious solution for this tool?

There are lots of shortcuts, plus you can create your own.

The existing keyboard shortcuts are all displayed on the Status bar at the bottom of the window, which is a big help.

This is for the Selection Brush Tool.

short.png.84ff0ce9e419ce44249f959c5844a89b.png

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.