You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add watermark on export

I'd like to see a real watermark possibility in Affinity for iPad.

Not with the need to add a special layer for it, and then adding a file or image to a photo. Just like in other professional programs the possibility to add a watermark (chosen from a list of watermarks which the user has prepared) on export of the file.

Thnx!

Gerard
My latest creation just might fit your need. First, in a new document with a transparent background, add your text watermark,This will be used to create a Brush.  It's as easy as creating a PNG file of your watermark to create a new brush in the brush panel. (when created, it will be very the last entry in the active brush category) Now, highlight your brush and record a macro of this brush being applied to a new pixel layer located above a background image, in the Layer Panel. Any image will do for the moment. When you replay the macro with any other image, the watermark is applied in exactly the same spot you chose, as you recorded the macro.

You can get as fancy or simple as you like. Transparency, size, color, blend modes... even special effects can all be used and readjusted, if you set things up properly within the macro. It's actually a pretty versatile tool and completely non-destructive. I created several different marks and made a macro for each one, allowing me to apply any of several styles. I have a small plain one that is applied in the lower right corner and a larger one that can be applied across the whole image, for theft prevention.

You get the added bonus of also being able to run this macro from the Batch Mode panel. This allows you to apply the watermark to one image or whole folders of images. You can also choose to store the newly marked images in a new folder .... all without ever opening them into AP.  I don't recommend loading a thousand photos for batch processing, but it didn't choke on the dozen or so that I used for testing.

TIP #1 : That pixel layer is the secret to success. It gives you nearly unlimited options for how your watermark displays and even lets you relocate and or change its size.
TIP #2 : After you export the macro to the library,  rename it "Watermark #XX" and drag the entry to top of the first category in your macro library. Then you won't have to hunt for them.

Steve