You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Align stroke to inside - fill visible outside stroke

Hi guys,

I attached a file showing the bug. Basically, if you have a shape, and you apply a stroke to it and align the stroke inside the object, a thin part of the fill will still be visible outside the stroke, on top and bottom.

edit: this bug takes place only if the X or Y coordinates are not whole pixels. The whole pixels thingie is a bit annoying, aligning to middle for example does not respect whole pixels, nor does the text (resizing in points for example)

Cheers,

Chris

stroke-inside.afdesign

18 minutes ago, chris.bannu said:

Hi guys,

I attached a file showing the bug. Basically, if you have a shape, and you apply a stroke to it and align the stroke inside the object, a thin part of the fill will still be visible outside the stroke, on top and bottom.

edit: this bug takes place only if the X or Y coordinates are not whole pixels. The whole pixels thingie is a bit annoying, aligning to middle for example does not respect whole pixels, nor does the text (resizing in points for example)

Cheers,

Chris

stroke-inside.afdesign

Hello chris.bannu,

I think this is similar to what @tom.s posted some time ago. It seems the issue is with development already. Your observation that this is related to whole pixels could be helpful.

Cheers,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.