You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sorry if this was asked before, but I couldn't even a forum search option.  (may need more coffee)

The smudge brush does not have a blend mode option like the paint or other brushes have.  How do you go about using the smudge brush if you'd like say, darker for blend mode, for animal fur contour?

I also noticed that the mixer paint brush does not have an option for "wet".    Does this mean that every time I load pain in my brush, I can only load the same amount?  Any way around this?

Thanks

Hi,

the forums search box can be found top right side on the webpages.

Related to the brushes, don't know which you mean concrete, since there are several brush categories/sections in both ADesigner (vector and/or pixel brushes) and APhoto. Also on my German versions those might have other namings due to language localizations. - However, you can apply and modify each brush setting to your needs by performing a double click on them, though you might want to duplicate the individual brush first and make a new one out of it, before altering it's settings. So you can change the blend mode for that smudge brush to darker color etc. maybe best on a copy of that.

For brushes where you need specific wet options do the same, define and activate in your own copy of those the wanted edge behavior.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thanks.

The smudge and the color mixer brushes are brush ** tools ** (just like your paint brush or your pixel brush or the clone brush tools) not Brush types like you design yourself.

I should have mentioned I’m using Photo not Designer

Well but those tools do use brushes, dependent on which one you selected under the brushes panel. Further you can for these too show up the brush settings via those tools toolbar more button. So the color mixer brush tool uses selected brushes and allows to load a brush type and to alter it's settings too. With the smudge you probably mean that sponge tool (?), if yes, that also uses the respective selected brush type  and also shows up under the more options the common brush type settings. - So what I said before about brushes applies also to those tools here who use them for their operation tasks (since you can select the brush type they should use).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2