You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed the G'Mic plugin into C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Plugins and have "Allow Unknown plugins to be used" enabled, but it is not showing up in Affinity Photo. I have another plugin in that folder which does show up, so I know Photo is checking the folder. I've checked the security on the files and of course restarted Photo several times.

Date on GmicPlugin.8bf is 6/22/2022

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Are you sure you downloaded the correct version of the Gmic plugin?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Glad it's fixed. (I've done the same thing myself!)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Released version 3.1.6.2, https://github.com/0xC0000054/gmic-8bf/releases

Changes:

• Added color management to the G’MIC-Qt filter preview (using LCMS2)
    • The 8bf plug-in host software must send the image color profile to its 8bf filters.
    • There may still be some differences between the G’MIC-Qt filter preview and the color management used by the host software.
  • G’MIC-Qt will now show a grayscale preview image when the 8bf plug-in host is in a grayscale image mode.
  • Added support for processing 32-bit floating point images.

The following images are two screenshots of the G’MIC-Qt UI showing the effect of the color management when previewing an 8-bits-per-channel image:

No color management: https://i.postimg.cc/V6nSwnk2/gmic-8bf-no-color-correction.png
With color management: https://i.postimg.cc/s2tBbwsp/gmic-8bf-with-color-correction.png

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...