You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

41 minutes ago, evtonic3 said:

Just curious if anyone has G'MIC installed as one of their plugins on Affinity? If so what version DL was it that worked?

As MEB said the G'MIC plugin isn't Photoshop API related and thus wouldn't work with AP, instead that plugin API is more related to GIMP and Krita addons. Further also actually the libgmic image processing library (see here) isn't AFAIK part or linked in AP, which would then at least allow to reuse some of the G'MIC capabilities. - However, what you can do instead -but which might not be what you initially wanted- is to use it's command-line interface from a shell, which in turn is an interpreter for the image processing language of the same name and has no GUI. Beside that G'MIC also has an online service nowadays.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 2 years later...
But g'mic has now appeared as a plugin for PS and Affinity. Unfortunately currently only for Win10 and not for iOS.
I downloaded GmicPlugin v1.1.3, scanned it for viruses and installed it.
It is a little slow to load but works very well. It can be obtained from the original g'mic website:

gmic.eu

As I see it, it currently only works in 8 bit, but that's a start.
I applied it to a duplicated pixel layer and then limited the bokeh effect used here with a mask.

gmic.jpg

On 12/21/2020 at 8:24 AM, Volker Krenz said:

But g'mic has now appeared as a plugin for PS and Affinity. Unfortunately currently only for Win10 and not for iOS. I downloaded GmicPlugin v1.1.3, scanned it for viruses and installed it.

The G'Mic download page offers various windows plugins for GIMP, Krita etc, but I cannot see one for Affinity. Which one did you use?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 1 month later...

I just want to say that G'mic works very well with the newest Affinity Photo 1.9!
In fact I was shocked how well it works - WAY faster then with Krita or Gimp on the same machine. Really I couldn't be happier. I think it is really underappreciated set of filters.

I used version from here:
https://github.com/0xC0000054/gmic-8bf/releases

• 2 weeks later...

To install the G'MIC filter, go to the link mentioned by @nezumi, and install one of the .zip files for 32 or 64 bit operating system.

While Affinity Photo is opened, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Photoshop Plugin.

Click on "Open Default Folder in Explorer". This will lead you to the directory of Affinity Photo Plugins.

Open the GMiC Plugin .zip file that you downloaded. Extract both he "gmic" folder and the "GmicPlugin.8bf" file from the .zip into the Plugin folder (like in the following example):

gmic_install_affinity_photo_1.PNG.4f0c2efd35b23a57646767736d959991.PNG

(Note: status.json is a default file from the Plugin folder of Affinity Photo.😞

Go back to Affinity Photo. In the Photoshop Plugin window, check "Allow "Unknown" plugins to be used".

The GMIC plugin should appear in the Detected Plugins list, like in the following example:

gmic_install_affinity_photo_2.thumb.PNG.dcbce4f52c98a51859d3517b4229bcc7.PNG

Close Affinity Photo and reopen it. Now the GMIC filters can be found at Filters -> Plugins -> GMIC.

By the way, I'm using the Affinity Photo 1.8.5 (can't use 1.9 for the moment) and when I use Colorize Lineart (for automated color fill for my lineart drawings) from the GMIC list, it shows the expected result in the preview panel, but when I click "OK", nothing happens (this works in Krita, btw). In rest, most filters work pretty well in Affinity Photo. Not sure why it works in Krita and not in Affinity Photo, even with the latest version of GMIC.

4 hours ago, ellycolor said:

By the way, I'm using the Affinity Photo 1.8.5 (can't use 1.9 for the moment) and when I use Colorize Lineart (for automated color fill for my lineart drawings) from the GMIC list, it shows the expected result in the preview panel, but when I click "OK", nothing happens (this works in Krita, btw). In rest, most filters work pretty well in Affinity Photo. Not sure why it works in Krita and not in Affinity Photo, even with the latest version of GMIC.

I am on 1.9 and same thing with this particular filter. I guess its related to g'mic itself not to Affinity.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/10/2021 at 4:07 AM, 0xC0000054 said:

Version 3.0.0 of G'MIC has been released, including the updated 8bf filter version.

Just a small thing. I opened an image taken with a SM-G988B. The image is shown as portrait in AP, but when I start the G'MIC plugin, the image is shown in landscape.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

2 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

Just a small thing. I opened an image taken with a SM-G988B. The image is shown as portrait in AP, but when I start the G'MIC plugin, the image is shown in landscape.

Perhaps something for @GMIC to check? Does it happen with the older version, too, or is it new to this new version of the plugin?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

18 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

Does this also happen with other Photoshop filter plug-ins? Or other 8bf hosts, e.g. XnView?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, Joachim_L said:

With other plugins that show this phenomenon (such as Topaz and Nik), the workaround is to rasterise the image first.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 3 months later...

thanks for the Info.

cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...