You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

cant export big file/ cant get calculation

I'm having an emergency right now. I' a couple of hours overdue because I have been trying to export my file to jpeg and still no luck.  The file is stuck on calculating file size, I pressed OK a couple of times just to get stuck in the never ending export dialog window. Unfortunately its the same thing for all files, not just for jpeg.

In the other thread I found out that there is some glitch with some graphical elements and whatnot. I don't know where is the problem in my file. File size is about 300mb, size is 9k x 17k pixels, I'm designing a banner.

I made a fool of myself here at the office promoting Affinity that can't export a file. My college laughed at my face and keeps asking me when will the file be ready. Boss is getting nervous because we were already  supposed to send data for printing.

Try exporting the file via the Export Persona

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

After 4 hours I finally found a workaround.

It has to be exported to location other than the one where Affinity file is with minimal/small export size to start up the process. When the export is in progress, I canceled it and then increased the export file size, and again until I reached the original file I wanted.

I don't know what's up with this but it is definitely related to the complexity of the file as well as to the file size. I'm having a total of 7 files of the same size and lighter ones exported with no problems. At this point I wouldn't mark the topic as "solved" because this is hardly a solution, but a mere lucky find. Exporting from export persona had nothing to do with it. Still didn't want to export it starting from the original biggest file size. I will try to upload the file/s for others to investigate.

Overseas.afphoto

Souvenir.afphoto

• Staff

I've just exported both your files to JPEG without any issues, the Overseas banner took a little longer to calculate than the other, around 30 seconds. The .afphoto files have been opened from the Desktop and thats also where I exported the JPEG files to, again without issues. What is the spec of your system

My specs are i5-4440 @3.1ghz, 8 gb ram, gtx650 graphic card. This is a very old computer but nevertheless I had no problems working with Affinity and other software.

When export window is opened, the calculation starts immediately at the default file size scale. And there AP on my computer can't handle the process. But when I reduce the designated size to just 2k like I said in previous posts), it exports it just fine. Next, I change the number from 2k to 5k file size and again it started exporting without any delay. Same goes after changing to the final and original file size at 9k pixels. There was no delay.

So in conclusion, in my situation only when I tried to export it straight to default full size file, it just couldn't do anything.