You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You All have to be kidding! I am attempting to download Affinity Designer onto my son's computer it says it is downloaded but it will not open. Says the product configuration is missing.

When I bought this absoulutely cool program it said it could be downloaded onto othewr family computers!

Jean

• Staff

Hi Jean,

Can you provide a screenshot of the message you receive as it may relate to a Windows component thats not installed or configured correctly. Can you also confirm the spec of the system you are installing on. 

Too bad we shut everything down and went to bed. Maybe if we delete everything and start over? I may have accidently loaded onto my Flash drive the Trial version. Something to do with an impatient 13 year old and a computer illiterate adult. 

I will call support this morning Montana time.

It really is an amazing program! Very user friendly! In my few minutes of working with it, it leaves my Lightroom and Photoshop in the dust for quickly altering my photographic images. As a professional photographer and artist who has been working in both digital and analog photography for years (10 and 30, respectively), I am impressed!

Jean

After chatting with support, I think the easiest way to solve the problem considering the time difference between montana and Nottingham: is to delete the Affinity Program from the lap top. Then if you would be so kind to send me the steps for loading Designer onto my son's laptop. It may solve the problem. Also it called for another number besides the product key, but we could not locate it.

On entirely different topic, I am looking to purchase Affinity Photo, can it do a custom font namely: can I install my signature rather than relying on one of many fonts that photographers use, ot should i just continue to hand sign them?

Thanks,

Jean

44 minutes ago, Jeanbn said:

Then if you would be so kind to send me the steps for loading Designer onto my son's laptop. It may solve the problem. Also it called for another number besides the product key, but we could not locate it.

For the Windows version, you just need to download the installer package and run it. As far as I know, it shouldn't ask for anything other than the product key and the associated email address.

47 minutes ago, Jeanbn said:

can I install my signature rather than relying on one of many fonts that photographers use, ot should i just continue to hand sign them?

If you create a PNG file consisting of your signature on a transparent background, you can place that image in any Affinity document.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

@Jeanbn, did you confirm that the laptop meets the minimum specs to run the app, as @Lee D asked?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

The app offered via the Affinity Store works on Windows 7, 8 or 10, and there's only one installer package for it. Users who are on Windows 10 can also buy the app through the Microsoft Store, in which case the installer and the installation procedure are different.

If you hold down the WinKey on your keyboard (i.e. the key with the Windows logo, to the left of the space bar) and press R, the Run box will pop up. Type or paste winver into the box and press the 'OK' button or the Enter key to display the 'About Windows' dialog where you can check your OS version details.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)