You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is the Uplift Epic Skies Macro available for purchase?

Hi,

I just got Affinity Photo and so far I love it. I found a few tutorials for using the Epic Skies Macro that came with version 1.6 back in November. I fully realize that I missed that free promotion. I'm cool with not getting it for free. I'll gladly pay for the macro and the photos. I know that I can buy the photos from Uplift at this link - https://www.upliftactions.com/products/epic-skies-cloud-overlays But Uplift only sells a Photoshop action, not the Affinity Photo Macro... does anyone know if I can buy the macro anywhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi josh.vassallo,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, unfortunately the macro is not available anywhere else.

Sorry, I'm confused, why is it not an option for people to get it? I get not giving it away free forever, but why not have it as an option to buy?

2 hours ago, photogeek said:

Sorry, I'm confused, why is it not an option for people to get it? I get not giving it away free forever, but why not have it as an option to buy?

That is most likely something only the Uplift people can answer. You might try emailing them at create@upliftactions.com & asking if they would be willing to sell it separately (or better yet, include it for free with the purchase of the overlays collection).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi josh.vassallo,

The macro file was part of a time limited offer for the launch of Affinity Photo 1.6. It was never available as a product to sell. It was created and offered as an extra for those willing to buy or upgrade Affinity Photo. I don't know if it was created internally by Serif, Uplift Photoshop Actions or if it's a collab between the two nor the license terms. I will try to get more info about this and see if there's anything that can be done. You are not the first user interested in the macro file.

Well those who missed that skies backgrounds offer opportunity can try to use other skies backgrounds from the net, there are bunch of such images also freely available. - Related to a macro file for easier applying adjustment layers, when you look the Affinity usage video you can see that the coresponding macro creates 11 child-layers (one mask and some adjustment layers) for setups...

(The order here is just the order I've saw them from top to down in that usage video)

1. Mask (Paint to show/hide) - Mask layer
  2. Soften Sky (Gaussian Blur) - Live filter layer
  3. Saturation (HSL Shift Adjustment) - Adjustment layer
  4. Brightness & Contrast (Brightness Adjustment) - Adjustment layer
  5. Contrast Boost (Curves Adjustment) - Adjustment layer
  6. Detail Smoothing (Curves Adjustment) - Adjustment layer
  7. Mid Tone Boost (Curves Adjustment) - Adjustment layer
  8. Cooler Sky (White Balance) - Adjustment layer
  9. Warmer Sky (White Balance) - Adjustment layer
  10. Highlights Compression (Shadows and Highlights ?) - Adjustment or Filter layer possible
  11. Hazy Sky (Fill) - Adjustment layer

...and shows up their settings on one customized settings panel.

So people can try to make their own similar behaving custom macro for such things, which BTW would be a good chance to dive into creating AP macros and to learn something about these here by own practising.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

When I open Affinity (in a Mac),  if you click on the arrows of the photos on the Welcome Screen, there's an offer for Force 1 macros. ( I was looking for those, which I downloaded, but never installed and can't find the files.)

On clicking on that Force 1 link to download those macros (from Affinity 1.5), I was taken to a page to download the macros that came with version 1.6, which is what you're looking for.  It may work for you. 

3 minutes ago, Silvia said:

...On clicking on that Force 1 link to download those macros (from Affinity 1.5), I was taken to a page to download the macros that came with version 1.6, which is what you're looking for.  It may work for you. 

What you reference (Force 1 macros) is a different macro pack which is/was applied by Serif themselve and still can be found to be downloaded from their website. The OP here intead was looking after a macro which is part and came along with the Epic Skies overlay image set from an uplift offer for Affinity.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

On 1/27/2018 at 10:26 AM, v_kyr said:

What you reference (Force 1 macros) is a different macro pack which is/was applied by Serif themselve and still can be found to be downloaded from their website. The OP here intead was looking after a macro which is part and came along with the Epic Skies overlay image set from an uplift offer for Affinity.

No, I got what he’s looking for.  Just saying that when I click on the Force 1 macros link in the welcome screen,  I’m taking to download the latest uplift macro pack released with 1.6 (not sure why). Maybe he wants to try that.  

I clicked on on it because I’m actually looking for the Force 1 macros, when I lost, but instead the welcome Window link took me to the Uplift pack.   Ended up on this forum post when searching for the Force 1 pack.

Hmm strange, I can't reproduce that here for my installment, the Force 1 link from the welcome screen always only takes me to that "ORDER SUMMARY - Force Free Macropaket - 1x" page.

• 5 months later...

On 1/19/2018 at 6:32 PM, v_kyr said:

Well those who missed that skies backgrounds offer opportunity can try to use other skies backgrounds from the net, there are bunch of such images also freely available. - Related to a macro file for easier applying adjustment layers, when you look the Affinity usage video you can see that the coresponding macro creates 11 child-layers (one mask and some adjustment layers) for setups...

(The order here is just the order I've saw them from top to down in that usage video)

1. Mask (Paint to show/hide) - Mask layer
  2. Soften Sky (Gaussian Blur) - Live filter layer
  3. Saturation (HSL Shift Adjustment) - Adjustment layer
  4. Brightness & Contrast (Brightness Adjustment) - Adjustment layer
  5. Contrast Boost (Curves Adjustment) - Adjustment layer
  6. Detail Smoothing (Curves Adjustment) - Adjustment layer
  7. Mid Tone Boost (Curves Adjustment) - Adjustment layer
  8. Cooler Sky (White Balance) - Adjustment layer
  9. Warmer Sky (White Balance) - Adjustment layer
  10. Highlights Compression (Shadows and Highlights ?) - Adjustment or Filter layer possible
  11. Hazy Sky (Fill) - Adjustment layer

...and shows up their settings on one customized settings panel.

So people can try to make their own similar behaving custom macro for such things, which BTW would be a good chance to dive into creating AP macros and to learn something about these here by own practising.

On 1/30/2018 at 1:18 PM, v_kyr said:

Hmm strange, I can't reproduce that here for my installment, the Force 1 link from the welcome screen always only takes me to that "ORDER SUMMARY - Force Free Macropaket - 1x" page.

Thanks, will look into using the overlays manually. The same issue occurs for me. Also sent a request to the dev. Sent a note about a version of epic skies for purchase and use directly in AP. Don't know if the effort will be worthwhile except for a learning experience as I don't have a license to use them as of now. They are certainly dramatic and would add something to an otherwise bland sky. Making the captured sky in a pic more dramatic in an overlay effect might be handy, though. 

techworkspro_v4_300x80.gif.1b0b1c7df511aeb341fc0dbba972a9bf.gif

MBP 2017, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, (Trial) Publisher

iPad Pro, iOS 12, Affinity Photo, Designer

https://techworkspro.com