Mark Ingram

Call for Camera Images

As part of some upcoming development work, we would like to test our software with a huge variation of camera images, and we’re hoping that some of you may be able to contribute to these efforts. We would like to receive the following files, in order of preference:

1. RAW + OOC JPEG (Out Of Camera, i.e. the JPEG as written by your camera, with no modifications)
  2. RAW
  3. OOC JPEG

We aren’t interested in receiving JPEG images from RAW files that have been developed in software.

If you upload any images, we will never use them for marketing material, we will never share them outside of Serif, and no-one outside of the development department will have access to them. They will be used purely for development and testing purposes.

Please upload your images via Dropbox File Request:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/Z0QnvXPKfbUNCvbNKxU5 

We would like to thank you for your ongoing support, and will now leave you to speculate upon what this upcoming development work is for…

Hi Mark, I uploaded 1 RAW + JPG ooc. Camera Panasonic FZ1000.
Have a lot of white and shadow contrasts - snow and shadow. I hope you can use it.
Greeting Dieter

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.6 , LR6, WIN7-64

Hi Mark, could you be a little bit more specific with regards to the required picture type/content? Do you prefere highISO pics, special lighting situations? ... or would any RAW crap that will be chucked out soon do the job as well?

Cheers, Timo

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570, Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit, SP 1 - AP and AD latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com

Also Mark,

You say 'JPEG as written by your camera, with no modifications'.

Is it OK to have ADR, sharpen, saturation etc. set on jpeg to my taste WITHIN the camera settings and NOT the ooc default jpeg settings?

cheers, Paul

Edited by PaulAffinity
Clarity

6 minutes ago, DarkClown said:

Hi Mark, could you be a little bit more specific with regards to the required picture type/content? Do you prefere highISO pics, special lighting situations? ... or would any RAW crap that will be chucked out soon do the job as well?

Cheers, Timo

Hi Timo, you can upload multiple images with different settings if you like, that would be useful. 

6 minutes ago, PaulAffinity said:

Also Mark,

You say 'JPEG as written by your camera, with no modifications'.

Is it OK to have ADR, sharpen, saturation etc. set on jpeg to my taste WITHIN the camera settings and NOT the ooc default jpeg settings?

cheers, Paul

Hi Paul, as long as it was written by the camera, that is fine.

Bonjour.

Mon boîtier (Canon EOS 5D mk II) est sur la liste des appareils testés.

Avez vous besoin d'images spécifiques (mur de briques, objets colorés, etc...)

Réglages boîtier "neutres" ? Sensibilit ISO?

Cordialement.  

8 minutes ago, Wikinger said:

Bonjour.

Mon boîtier (Canon EOS 5D mk II) est sur la liste des appareils testés.

Avez vous besoin d'images spécifiques (mur de briques, objets colorés, etc...)

Réglages boîtier "neutres" ? Sensibilit ISO?

Cordialement.  

Salut, tous les paramètres et les images sont bien. Vous pouvez télécharger plus d'une image si vous le souhaitez.

-----

Hi, any settings and images are fine. You can upload more than one image if you like.

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

As part of some upcoming development work, we would like to test our software with a huge variation of camera images

What is the purpose of this work? Does it matter which lens I use (maybe you intend to make lens-specific profiles)?

@Merde

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

we would like to test our software with a huge variation of camera images

Seems a simple answer to me

25 minutes ago, Merde said:

What is the purpose of this work? Does it matter which lens I use (maybe you intend to make lens-specific profiles)?

If you have multiple cameras or lenses, please feel free to upload multiple images. 

Feel free to speculate about what the purpose is :-)

Done. I’ve uploaded some images from my Ricoh Theta, which takes equirectangular images. Of interest in those files is the Pitch and Roll data which can be used to level the photos. I currently do this via a script that uses Hugin’s tools, but if Affinity Photo could do that, it would be great.

1 minute ago, Mark Ingram said:

If you have multiple cameras or lenses, please feel free to upload multiple images. 

At present I have two cameras (Fujifilm X-T1 and X-E1) and 5 lenses (XF 16/1.4, XF 27/2.8, XF 35/1.4, XF 18-55/2.8-4 and XC 50-230/4.5-6.7).

I used to own Canon 30D and 40D and 5 different lenses, but I would have to check if I still have any SOOC jpegs at home.

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

RAW + OOC JPEG (Out Of Camera, i.e. the JPEG as written by your camera, with no modifications)

I don't have a huge amount of images in RAW format. I uploaded a sample to your dropbox.

Cheers!

d.

Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 (beta 1.7.0.188) - Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 (beta 1.7.0.188) - Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.1.39 - Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77    ...    Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.192

Windows 10 (1803) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

I'll see if I can take some pictures this very weekend, as varied as possible. I have a Nikon D3000.

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

Sent:

Canon 70D with Canon 18-135 STM IS

Canon 80D with Sigma 17-50 f2.8 OS

Panasonic LX100

Windows 10 - Intel i7-8700 - 16GB Ram - nVidia GTX1060

3 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Feel free to speculate about what the purpose is :-)

Oh, I like to speculate: Only unprocessed files from cameras are wanted, because you do not want to loose internal metadata like maker notes and you want to get real raw data instead of some linear DNGs or similiar. This is usefull for:

1) Testing and improving the raw engine (Needed for Demosaicing, Noise Reduction, Lens Correction, Lens Sharpness, etc). Also needed for regression and performance tests to measure how development goes.

2) Implementing a DAM / LR like tool, which imports OOC JPEGs and RAWs. (Here especially the preview generation and metadata extraction could be tested). If I would develop this, I would use LibRaw for previews and an ExifTool wrapper for metadata.

Cold, Warm or Hot? :-)