Sign in to follow this  
JayH

White Line Around Edge of Zoomed Image

Hi,

This has been a bug for a good while in Affinity Photo, I was hoping it might be fixed by now, but it's still hanging around.

On two different Windows 10 PC, each with different Nvidia graphics card, when you zoom into an image you see what appears to be a transparent edge around the top/side or both. This quite often makes you think that there is in fact a pixel line that hasn't been cropped, when in fact as you zoom in further, you'll see that there isn't anything wrong - the artifact disappears.

It's more noticeable on darker images with a dark UI.

Thanks,

Jay.

Edge issue.jpg

Hi JayH

This is a known thing and unfortunately is just an artefact of the render to screen that we are unable to solve at this time. It is affected by zoom level and how we show those pixels to the screen, but is only when displayed in Affinity. It should not be part of your actual export

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Chris,

I hope that doesn't translate that there isn't anyone qualified to fix it? or perhaps they're indisposed doing something else? All that's gone into the Affinity software and something that seems small in significance can't be fixed?

You've got to ask, my mind boggles! ;)

I've noticed it happens most often if you are using the Crop Tool and Original Ratio Mode, and you happen to land on a ratio that involves rounding { i.e. 5280.5 px x 3520.3333333333 px).  Its not something I typically do, since I just set up presets for my most used 3:2 crop sizes and all of those are round numbers, but once in a while I would move the size manually in Original Ratio mode which isn't always round. Once I figured that out, I added more presets.