You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo- Ctrl + Alt for brush mods doesn't work

Affinity Photo for Windows

I am running a laptop with the latest Windows 10 OS (Surface Book/Laptop) and the latest Affinity Photo. When working on a photo, I select the Brush Tool, then press the Ctrl + Alt keys  so I can adjust size and opacity. It just won't work but it does on my Mac. Also won't work with my Wacom Tablet nor the trackpad.

What am I doing wrong or is this feature disabled on Windows version? Can find an answer anywhere!

You have to press and hold Alt, then both mouse buttons.

Once you start dragging you can release Alt and the right button, release the left to set. Don't know about tablets, sorry.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately I do not have a mouse with my laptop and AP specifically states to hold down the Ctrl + Alt keys while using a trackpad, pen or Wacom on their docs and tutorial. It works just fine on my iMac. I 't don't want to have to purchase a mouse. I know your process works and I wasn't clear on my problem. Thanks again.

I have a surface book as well , most of the time I prefer to use the on screen keyboard and the pen. So am also finding it tricky because there is no mouse. I love affinity photo and my surface book, is there any way to marry the two?. I am new to af photo so there may be many things that I haven't tried yet. On a second note my pen and surface book have pressure sensitivity, is it possible for af photo brushes to use the pressure aspect when sketching and if so how?

Can I also say how impressed I am with all the training videos. I have used many tools over the last 20 years, most seriously CorelDraw. But it's the first time that I've not just seen what tools do but whole combinations of what and how to do them as part of the free training. Probably haven't followed enough but anyway I am impressed... Now back to watching some more of them, :-) thanks

• Staff

The surface pen has the same key combination to open Magnifier that we use to increase the brush size and hardness and this take priority over our key combination,

Using a tablet or a mouse the  the key combination works correctly, I am still looking to see if there is a way to disable the pen magnifier combination

I guess the Magnifier key strokes over ride AP CTRL ALT. I can’t get my Wacom Intros Pro to work with that combo and it is driving me nuts as it works so well on my Mac. Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

sorry just wanted to make sure I was notified of a reply. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...