You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello

i have been using the app for a while now and think it is excellent however, now I am creating images with 100s of layers and in high resolution the app keeps shutting down, and when I turn it back on I have lost some of the work. The main problem is that I cannot proceed with the artwork because every time it shuts down... even after I have tried to reduce the size and resolution????

i have Both programs on my iMac however the flexibility of working on the move is why I bought the app for my I-ad Pro... any ideas?

thanks 

mat 

• Staff

Hi Mat,

Would you be able to provide a copy of the file you're working on and details of your workflow to see if we can reproduce the issue. I can send a link to use to upload the file so it's not shared on the forum and we'll only use it for testing and then it will be deleted.

Also which model of iPad are you using?

Experiencing the same issue here. It would seem that Affinity crashed the file because even merging all layers down to reduce the size of the file, Affinity keeps crashing while trying to save it going back to the gallery. The only "solution" I found is exporting the file as a PSD and importing it again.

• 2 weeks later...

I deleted the app and the reinstalled... it is worse! I do not know what is up with it but it freezes and stops working. I can be working for about 30 mins and then using the pen tool, it stops filling, so I click fill colour and nothing happens. however if I go back to the home screen and then back to the project I am working on it starts to work again, and to be honest, as I prefer to use my iPad Pro over my iMac it is getting really frustrating, I feel like giving up on the app altogether however, it cost of Photoshop is crazy... please help

Mathew

we should not have to export a file... it should simply work, that is what I paid for, and although I appreciated the low cost (relative to Adobe) I am disappointed in the product as I am having to not work on the go, and that is sad, because I do a lot of work on the hoof! 

Can we get an update or something that will remove this glitch?

5 hours ago, Mat-artscreativity said:

we should not have to export a file... it should simply work, that is what I paid for, and although I appreciated the low cost (relative to Adobe) I am disappointed in the product.........

Can we get an update or something that will remove this glitch?

Disappointed.... To be fair, this is a relatively new product (iPad port) and bugs are to be expected. Photoshop has been around forever so should be near perfect. Give the Devs time and they'll get AP perfect too (within the constraints of the iPads hardware). :)

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Ron56, does it crash with all images or just the one? This is not 'normal' behaviour.

What version of AP are you using, beta or Apple store version?

What model iPad do you have? Try closing any other apps you may have running in the background. It may also help to hard reset the iPad.

Hopefully one of the moderators will be along shortly to assist further.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

DM1. It does it with all photos if I try to increase detail or add a layer. I have a new 2017 iPad that is one month old. Yes I have closed all other apps to no avail. It also constantly acts up with the pen and sometimes will crash and close. It is basically unusable for anything other than a basic develop, which I can do on my Nikon and get a better job. 

I'm sorry to hear you are both having issues. I have a 10.5 IPad Pro and I am using the current beta release 1.6.7 candidate 1. It seems to have fixed all the issues that were evident in the earlier releases. I know it is of little consolation to be told ‘I'm not having any issues' but hang in there and hopefully the mods can come up with a solution for you.

If either of you are using the iOS beta 11.3 there have been reports of problems with AP crashing with that version. Other than that, I am out of ideas and will leave it to the mods.

• 1 year later...