You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

...and a Dutch, French, Arabic, Norwegian, Russian and don't forget a Chinese forum B) . 

I thought nowadays German people all learn English in school? On the other hand, watching ARD/WDR/ZDF etc... movies are still being synched to German: James Bond is still saying "[...] geschüttelt nicht gerührt", so much fun! It's the same in France. "secouée pas bougé". LOL.

I wouldn't mind this keeping forum single language: all English, though I'd rather read in Dutch. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, please don't. Then we'd need Spanish and French and Japanese and Russian etc. as well - and the developers would maybe miss important issues.

How about opening your own German Affinity blog or something similar if you want to discuss the apps in German?

Everybody should have at least basic knowledge of English by now, it's taught in school and you wont get far in any job without it anyways. It's such an easy language to learn (I find e.g. Spanish much more demanding regarding grammar and vocabulary).

Muss Achim63 zustimmen. Man bräuchte dann halt für jedes ein Land ein Forum und davon würdet ihr dann auch nicht mehr profitieren, weil es dann viel weniger Beiträge geben würde. Und jetzt mal ehrlich, wer kann heutzutage denn kein Englisch? Zumindest die Basics.

• Staff

I can make you guys a German forum, if you would like, in 5 minutes :) - *if it is only for user discussion*.. The developers (unfortunately!) cannot speak German, so all requests for Features / Fixes should be made in the normal (English) forums..

If this is what you guys want, let me know! 

Andy.

-------

Google:

Ich kann euch einen deutschen Forum , wenn Sie möchten , in 5 Minuten :) - * wenn es nur für Benutzer Diskussion * .. Die Entwickler ( ! Leider) nicht Deutsch sprechen , so dass alle Anforderungen für Merkmale / Fixes sollten in den normalen Foren ..

Ist dies, was ihr wollt , lasst es mich wissen!

Andy.

I would like to second what Achim said. Are there real language barriers? In that case I would suggest to open a topic in German, and I am sure that there are a lot of German-speaking members on the forum who are prepared to help with translations …

I agree, mac_heibu, that's one of my reasons as well.

Spanish would indeed make much more sense, as toyotadesigner stated, since there are many more native speakers. I read in Spanish forums quite often, though my knowledge of that language is rather restricted unfortunately - but if you don't understand something, there's always the "Franker" plugin for Safari. Once set up correctly you'll have the translation of every paragraph on a webpage literally at your fingertips (ctrl+F).

• 4 months later...